Politics

Christmas Tree

It's probably not a bad move for both sides really, aside from the noise it'll generate along the way. Corbyn gets to stay as a local MP where he seems to be popular in that capacity, and Labour can go to all the Corbyn-sceptical seats they need to win back and say "look, not only did we kick him out, we're actively standing against him".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

pleasing scenes in israel. good to see bibi's attempts to turn it into a fascist state being shut down by the people. who knows where it ends though 

Made me think of this…he wasn’t always right but he saw this coming…

E13B759A-B210-482E-84E9-CDD07DB4B0BF.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Corbyn set to stand as an independent in the next election. No surprise, it was always about him rather than the party.

I never thought he'd stand on what will be a tory manifesto anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Doesn't matter, the movement remains.

It’l only ever be as much as 50/50 which is strangely the basic divide in Catalonia too.   People who grudgingly tolerated nationalism and Salmon/Sturgeon a decade ago now fuckin hate the whole shebang. Concentrating on gender ID instead of the NHS, police and education is fundamentally fuckin stupid in a country that is still quite conservative (small c on purpose 👍

• Like 1

I like how Lee Anderson’s role as party chairman consists of spending every waking hour on Twitter making stuff up. What a time to be alive 

My lass is on a Zoom call with the NEU here. The government's latest offer to teachers in England is absolute bullshit. Big divergence from what teachers in Scotland and Wales are getting.

More strikes on the way, by the look of it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Isegrim said:

What is the point in our democratic system when politicians can just deliberately avoid answering the question until the asker gives up. It's not skillful or clever wordsmanship, it's just complete horseshit. I know this isn't new but it feels like the post Brexit Tories have really stepped up with this.

How can we possibly have gotten to a point where Sunak can totally avoid the question like this and proceedings just continue on? It's disgraceful. You wouldn't see this lack of accountability in nursery school amongst the toddlers ffs.

• Like 6