Politics

Christmas Tree

Boris for PM, could you imagine it ;)

wish he was on have i got news for you again

You laugh, but thats his long term goal and I would certainly not bet against him.

He plays the buffoon very well but is also a very clever bloke and is well liked by a wide range of people.

And you think the British public would accept a buffoon as PM? I hope not.

Last time he was on QT he was embarassing, struggled to make any sense at all, like he was drunk or something.

You seem to forget the good people of London voted him in.

Whether or not his own party would make him leader is a different question all together. If they did I would say he would get voted in. You should watch that programme I referred too. As well as being an eye opener it was quite entertaining.

I wasn't forgetting that at all. The mayoral job is however completely different, and Londoners' voting habits do not reflect that of the UK as a whole. The program your referring to was docudrama wasn't it so can be taken with a pinch of salt - I'd still watch it for entertainment purposes mind. His performance on QT was fact though - the worst I have ever witnessed, seriously.

that and i'd say nearly any student with a vote for london mayor did it for a laugh and the fact no one really cares who is mayor of london.

They will never ever ever vote for Boris to be in any position of actual power

If your talking about voters then firstly, Tories would.

This then leaves the 20,000 swing voters in the hundred seats that actually change governments. They tend to change every two terms or so and will just vote for the opposite party.

Then you have to throw Boris's character into the fray. A lot of people do find him quite amusing and amicable which can only be a good thing in an election.

It really all depends how long Cameron lasts and after seeing the docu drama last night about Cameron and having seen his first few actions in power, I think he could be here for a good while.

Couldn't see Red Ken as PM either tbh.

CT's tory love in is getting beyond a joke now like.

Michael Howard- now there's a bloke no-one can deny is lovable, down to earth, and a man of the people.

;)

What do you expect from a Tory voter :icon_lol:

Im still not sure what you are you seem to sway a lot with the wind ;)

Anyway, the original comment was about the program which if your interested in politics, was very good. Having only read the Eton Toff stuff about Cameron, it was interesting to hear the facts from those that new him.

Michael Howard- now there's a bloke no-one can deny is lovable, down to earth, and a man of the people.

;)

A horror of a man. :icon_lol:

195967504_b9e294340a_o.jpg

What do you expect from a Tory voter :D

Anyway, the original comment was about the program which if your interested in politics, was very good. Having only read the Eton Toff stuff about Cameron, it was interesting to hear the facts from those that new him.

Just because you're a tory doesn't mean you can't be objective though. Take post 42 on here, why haven't you commented on the fact that Cameron fell on his arse after Bridget's question? It's of particular relevance to your locality after all.

It's far too early to tell if Cameron will make the grade as PM yet in any case, whatever your political stance. Yet you sound like you have a crush on him. :icon_lol:

Personally I think I'm the most objective person on here when it comes to party politics.

With regard to bridget, let's be objective and admit that it wouldn't have got a mention on here had it not being for her toontastic links.

With regard to the question itself he was very straight and said he didn't know but would write to her with an answer.

Bearing in mind they have been ib power a few weeks and every department is currently carrying out spending reviews / cuts, then it's quite understandable that the information is not clear yet.

It shows your lack of objectivity that you find it a big deal.

I would have been more impressed if she'd stood up and apologised on behalf of her party for the massive debt they have left us in and for the pain that millions of families are going to suffer because of their crass overspending.

As far as I'm aware, all initial questions for PMQT are pre-registered - so either his office screwed up or he had to say he didn't know because he wanted to avoid giving the actual answer - probably -"Of course we're cutting the grant - What point of we're going to fuck the NE over again did you not understand"?

With regard to bridget, let's be objective and admit that it wouldn't have got a mention on here had it not being for her toontastic links.

With regard to the question itself he was very straight and said he didn't know but would write to her with an answer.

Bearing in mind they have been ib power a few weeks and every department is currently carrying out spending reviews / cuts, then it's quite understandable that the information is not clear yet.

It shows your lack of objectivity that you find it a big deal.

I would have been more impressed if she'd stood up and apologised on behalf of her party for the massive debt they have left us in and for the pain that millions of families are going to suffer because of their crass overspending.

I didn't say it was a 'big deal', but the point is it contradicts your post that Cameron was exceptionally good - your own completely subjective opinion. The commentator on Five Live pointed out that it was unusual for the PM not to have been more prepared than this, as he will be briefed on what is likely to be asked. And yes, of course the fact the question came from a former (I presume!) poster here makes it more interesting.

Personally I think I'm the most objective person on here when it comes to party politics.

Says it all, especially coming from a self-confessed 'dyed-in-the-wool' tory. You either are constantly on the wind up or you literally have no self-awareness of your hypocrisy.

As far as I'm aware, all initial questions for PMQT are pre-registered - so either his office screwed up or he had to say he didn't know because he wanted to avoid giving the actual answer - probably -"Of course we're cutting the grant - What point of we're going to fuck the NE over again did you not understand"?

Lol very funny

Lol very funny

The Conservatives following through on their promise to destroy the NE economy will be hilarious like.

Edited by Renton

Renty,

unfortunately while on an Iphone and more importantly being driven by my "all over the road" wife I can't really get into this...(wife slams the brakes on again) yet.

I'll put you right when / if I get home tonight.

Renty,

unfortunately while on an Iphone and more importantly being driven by my "all over the road" wife I can't really get into this...(wife slams the brakes on again) yet.

;)

If wummery is your game, don't bother, honestly.

Lol very funny

The Conservatives following through on their promise to destroy the NE economy will be hilarious like.

The lol comment was at NJS's very dry humour not evil tory plans to punish the North East.

One however could see it as good that the PM recognises that the north east is over dependant on public sector jobs and just may try and do something about it.

Lol very funny

The lol comment was at NJS's very dry humour not evil tory plans to punish the North East.

One however could see it as good that the PM recognises that the north east is over dependant on public sector jobs and just may try and do something about it.

Yep, just like they did last time.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the Nissan grant for starters, the fact he was either completely ignorant about it or won't commit to it is of concern, wouldn't you agree? That's a rhetorical question btw, I know your answer.

Renty,

;)

If wummery is your game, don't bother, honestly.

Alas dear yorik I think it is thee on the wummery trail :-)0

One could see it as good that the PM recognises that the north east is over dependant on public sector jobs and just may try and do something about it.

By removing incentives to the private sector to employ up here?

;)

Edited by Happy Face

CT, you're definitely, absolutely, entirely, completely, utterly the least objective person on here with regards to policitcs. Not once can I recall you having a bad word to say about your Tories, You haven't once to my knowledge congratulated any good that's come from another party and your high-school fawning over David Cameron is a joke with a depressing message.

A young MP asks an awkward question of the PM and he is neither informed nor quick witted enough to answer it. Of course she gets a special mention on here, she once was an active member of the board. I bet most people couldn't give a toss which party she represents, it's that she is "known" to us and she's a junior MP pinning the leader of our Country with a question.

You really should be a correspondent on Fox News, "Fair and Balanced" they cry as they spit venom at the Democrats and suck the claggy turtleneck of every Red State political hack. ;)

Just because you're a tory doesn't mean you can't be objective though. Take post 42 on here, why haven't you commented on the fact that Cameron fell on his arse after Bridget's question? It's of particular relevance to your locality after all.

It's far too early to tell if Cameron will make the grade as PM yet in any case, whatever your political stance. Yet you sound like you have a crush on him. :icon_lol:

I tell you what Renton - being no fan of Cameron I'm still glad he gave the response he did rather than make something up on the spot (which we're all quick to know politicians for).

I do feel that he couldn't win in this situation tbh - unrealistic to expect him to there and then know the answer to every question that was thrown at him at the first PMQ (unless he had prior knowledge of what questions they'd be which, IMO would make a mockery of the whole event), had he answered definitively and guessed, most likely getting it wrong he'd have been forever berated for it so he gave the only answer he could given and still that's no right.

There's not liking the fella and what he stands for and there's the of prejudging everything he says with that sentiment.

What did you expect of him in reply to Bridget?

Lol very funny

Actually.....

Mr Cameron's office has confirmed support for plans by his Lib Dem Deputy PM Nick Clegg to help areas such as Wearside and the North East which heavily depend on public sector jobs.

The announcement came after Labour claimed the Tories would "punish" the North East with huge cuts in the wake of remarks made by Mr Cameron regarding the size of the public sector in the region.

I don't remember him ever saying he'd destroy the econony. Did claim that that public sector in the region was large but doesn't actually state what you say.

Personally I think I'm the most objective person on here when it comes to party politics

That's funny... you was saying something remarkably similar about me in another thread ;)

I tell you what Renton - being no fan of Cameron I'm still glad he gave the response he did rather than make something up on the spot (which we're all quick to know politicians for).

I do feel that he couldn't win in this situation tbh - unrealistic to expect him to there and then know the answer to every question that was thrown at him at the first PMQ (unless he had prior knowledge of what questions they'd be which, IMO would make a mockery of the whole event), had he answered definitively and guessed, most likely getting it wrong he'd have been forever berated for it so he gave the only answer he could given and still that's no right.

There's not liking the fella and what he stands for and there's the of prejudging everything he says with that sentiment.

What did you expect of him in reply to Bridget?

I'd like him to confirm the grant still stands and honour it, to protect private sector jobs in this region. Instead he said nothing. Is that acceptable? Can he just say 'dunno' to every question from now on? Is some reassurance not called for after his comments pre-election on his plans for the North East?

Btw, do you really think PMQs are off the cuff?

Lol very funny

Actually.....

Mr Cameron's office has confirmed support for plans by his Lib Dem Deputy PM Nick Clegg to help areas such as Wearside and the North East which heavily depend on public sector jobs.

The announcement came after Labour claimed the Tories would "punish" the North East with huge cuts in the wake of remarks made by Mr Cameron regarding the size of the public sector in the region.

I don't remember him ever saying he'd destroy the econony. Did claim that that public sector in the region was large but doesn't actually state what you say.

You don't have to read between the lines much to know exactly what he meant. Why did he specifically single the North East out? No offence Craig, but you might be a bit more worried if you still lived in this region.

Lol very funny

Actually.....

You don't have to read between the lines much to know exactly what he meant. Why did he specifically single the North East out? No offence Craig, but you might be a bit more worried if you still lived in this region.

Fail comment and I agree with you.