Politics

Christmas Tree

Lots can happen in two years. And as the writer points out, the public still hold Labour responsible and distrust their ability to manage the economy. The Conservatives dont have to ensure the streets are paved with goal, more so that they can show things getting better and "dont let those bastards fuck it up again", rhetoric.

I think most people blame the bankers tbh

Same old Tories.... Robbing the Rich to give to the Poor :lol:

(Thats the grey vote nicely tucked up for the election)

Inheritance tax thresholds will stay frozen to help fund Government plans to cap the costs of elderly care at £75,000.

http://news.sky.com/story/1050390/elderly-care-bills-to-be-capped-at-75000

Same old Tories.... Robbing the Rich to give to the Poor :lol:

(Thats the grey vote nicely tucked up for the election)

http://news.sky.com/...capped-at-75000

Sorry I don't understand this and happy to have it explained with glove puppets, but not increasing tax is now seen as taking from the rich? Just leaving things as they are?

3% of estates pay IHT. When the cunt talked about thousands of people losing their homes (supposedly robbing expectant children of their inheritance) somebody should have politely pointed out he was full of shit.

This care home thing used to worry my Mam though in the end it didnt matter. Funny how Scotland has no such provision as care is guaranteed.

Poundland Graduate Cait Reilly Wins Appeal

A university graduate who was made to work at Poundland for free under a Government scheme has won her Court of Appeal claim.

Cait Reilly, 24, from Birmingham, had argued that being forced to work in the discount shop for nothing while she looked for a permanent job was illegal.

Jamieson Wilson, 40, an unemployed HGV driver from Nottingham, also won his legal challenge.

Lord Justice Pill, Lady Justice Black and Sir Stanley Burnton, sitting in London, agreed the regulations behind most of the back-to-work schemes were unlawful and quashed them.

The pair's solicitors said the ruling meant anyone docked jobseekers' allowance for not complying with the schemes could demand the money back.

Miss Reilly was forced to leave her voluntary post at a museum to work unpaid at Poundland in Kings Heath, Birmingham in November 2011 under a scheme known as the "sector-based work academy".

She was told she would lose jobseekers' allowance if she refused and spent two weeks stacking shelves and cleaning floors.

Mr Wilson, a qualified mechanic, was told that he had to work unpaid, cleaning furniture for 30 hours a week for six months, under a scheme known as the Community Action Programme.

He objected to doing unpaid work that was unrelated to his qualifications and would not help him re-enter the jobs market and refused, leading to him losing jobseekers' allowance for six months.

Following the court ruling, Miss Reilly said: "I don't think I am above working in shops like Poundland. I now work part time in a supermarket. It is just that I expect to get paid for working.

"I hope the Government will now take this opportunity to rethink its strategy and do something which actually builds on young unemployed people's skills and tackles the causes of long-term unemployment.

"I agree we need to get people back to work but the best way of doing that is by helping them, not punishing them.

"The Government ought to understand that if they created schemes which actually helped people get back into work then they wouldn't need to force people to attend."

The Public Interest Lawyers, who represented both claimants, said the decision was a "huge setback" for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

Solicitor Tessa Gregory, said: "Today's judgment sends Iain Duncan Smith back to the drawing board to make fresh regulations which are fair and comply with the court's ruling.

"Until that time, nobody can be lawfully forced to participate in schemes affected such as the Work Programme and the Community Action Programme.

"All of those who have been stripped of their benefits have a right to claim the money back that has been unlawfully taken away from them."

She claimed the case had shown that the DWP was "going behind Parliament's back" and failing to seek proper approval for mandatory work schemes.

:up:

7ebavetu.jpg

14/02/13

What I like about your diagram is you think you've sliced about a quarter of a pie, but just by looking we can all see it's about a tenth.

It's this kind of inaccurate portion control that leads to weight fluctuation.

;)