Politics

Christmas Tree

Only know of 2 Tory voters thus far, so for me it's further evidence that while the Conservatives can rely on their supporters to get out and vote, the greatest chance of a Labour government isn't stealing votes from Lib Dem or Tory, it's getting those that can't be arsed to vote (I'd guess there'll be a greater proportion amongst the disaffected and poor) to use their vote to change their situation.

Edited by The Fish

Combination of people choosing to be bummed by their own government, Murdoch's self interest dictating the rhetoric and Labour monumentally fucking up Scotland and not directing the national discussion.

scotland wouldn't have made that much of a difference. they lost the election in england.

but while this is no doubt an impressive victory for the tories, they're not going to have it all their own way with a tiny majority and rebellious back benchers.

i do fear a dangerous move to the right now they don't have the libdems holding them back a bit.

With any luck they'll try something crazy and the people will rise up. Us, the Jocks, London and the North West invading the South East and smokin' fools.

CT strapped to the front of our modified Datsun Sunny in a Mad Max stylie?

Your going to now get full tax and spend control so the SNP will have to make the tough decisions and be fully responsible for their actions. They will no longer be able to blame Westminster.

It will be good for Scottish politics and good for English / Scottish relations.

Tories are opposed to it, so I have no idea what the hell you are going on about.

Unless you think the Smith Commission is devolving full fiscal autonomy. Which it's not, and isn't close.

Aye. Nailed to a spinning wheel in gold y-fronts with tassles hanging from his nipples

Welcome to the Blubberdome

Tories are opposed to it, so I have no idea what the hell you are going on about.

Unless you think the Smith Commission is devolving full fiscal autonomy. Which it's not, and isn't close.

It's all changed overnight. Boris has let the cat out of the bag.

Cameron is talking him and his party up as the party of unity. In other words, he fully intends bending Sturgeon and Scotland over for the next 5 years for her campaign to "lock Cameron out of No. 10". All the seats, fuck all power.

bollocks.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/may/07/live-uk-election-results-in-full

I'm seeing most of the northwest, yorkshire, birmingham, london and south wales there.

They said last night the NE was the only area to increase their vote to Labour. Can't be arsed to check if that's true or not Tbh. Edited by Renton

What utter shite at the top of that list. Can you imagine any of them being any good?

Yes, I think Chuka will be very good.

That doesn't change the fact that boundary changes etc will fuck Labour.

andrew rawnsley of the observer just made a good pint on the beeb about the big strategic dilemma for whoever is the next labour leader - do you try to swing back to the left to try to win back votes in scotland, or move back to the centre to try to win back floating voters in middle england? arguably they have to do both, but how?

I ducking despair sometimes, I really do. Thank duck I'm not paying taxes to that set of bastards. "We'll finish the job" by Cameron is ominous. Expect the NHS to be made to look like its failing worse than it is due to cuts, and be handed over to the private sector by 2019. who the tuck votes conservative?

I ducking despair sometimes, I really do. Thank duck I'm not paying taxes to that set of bastards. "We'll finish the job" by Cameron is ominous. Expect the NHS to be made to look like its failing worse than it is due to cuts, and be handed over to the private sector by 2019. who the tuck votes conservative?

Screen+Shot+2014-06-13+at+3.29.48+PM.png

"Yeah we're gonna cut 12bn from social security."

"Ah right how you gonna do it?"

"Weeellllll we don't really want to say. Just vote, we'll tell you later."

"Ah ok sign me up for that, sounds decent."

Knobs.