Politics

Christmas Tree

The pre-election polls only take into account people expressing a preference I believe. Whereas the exit polls ask people who've just voted. The fairly obvious conclusion is that floating voters / undecided tended to vote Tory e this time.

It was worse than that they were asked to express a preference on issues from which the numbers were compiled. Apparently the issues revealed how people were going to vote. :lol:

It was worse than that they were asked to express a preference on issues from which the numbers were compiled. Apparently the issues revealed how people were going to vote. :lol:

That's just not true, is it?

Liz Kendall [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Given what she said, you'd have to ask what the fuck she's in the labour party for. Although I would have asked the same question of Blair and a lot of his cohorts as well.

Well all he does is regurgitate soundbites so, until there's a relevant one which relates to the topic and supports what he thinks is correct there won't be a response. Or it'll irrelevant, something along the lines of X million people taken out of taxation. It's like debating football with him, i.e. utterly pointless.

Where the fuck's CT now then?

As soon as Tax avoidance is discussed each and every Tory turns into a fucking Mute.

:lol:

I saw this the other day and was going to mention it doesn't really need to be in the queens speech because they've already made vast in roads into this (if we are talking about global companies).

Only last week, Amazon iirc, announced they would now pay all taxes in the UK on purchases made from the UK.

Various measures have been put in place during the last 5 years to prevent loopholes and stop foreign countries being used as tax havens, not to mention making the practise of aggressive tax avoidance illegal.

Lots done, more to do. All good.

Well all he does is regurgitate soundbites so, until there's a relevant one which relates to the topic and supports what he thinks is correct there won't be a response. Or it'll irrelevant, something along the lines of X million people taken out of taxation. It's like debating football with him, i.e. utterly pointless.

Usual condescending rubbish. Think happy thoughts man.

I saw this the other day and was going to mention it doesn't really need to be in the queens speech because they've already made vast in roads into this (if we are talking about global companies).

Only last week, Amazon iirc, announced they would now pay all taxes in the UK on purchases made from the UK.

Various measures have been put in place during the last 5 years to prevent loopholes and stop foreign countries being used as tax havens, not to mention making the practise of aggressive tax avoidance illegal.

:CT:

The European Commission's investigations into Amazon are the reason they've finally given way to pressure. How's that down the UK government? Take your time.

The European Commission's investigations into Amazon are the reason they've finally given way to pressure. How's that down the UK government? Take your time.

Have you been busy researching :lol:

Cameron has been pivotal in pushing Europe and the G8 to sort this out for the last few years.

And here's a recap of some of the anti evasion stuff that was done over the last 5 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/mar/20/budget-2013-tax-avoidance-evasion

Simply ludicrous to say this issue hasn't / isn't getting addressed.

Cameron has been pivotal in pushing Europe and the G8 to sort this out for the last few years.

In what ways?