Politics

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We used to have the black and white minstrel show too, happy days. 

Funny how he reckons loads of people did it but the only example, i.e. Starr, is a bloke who seems to be, by all accounts, an unmitigated cunt. And the only time I recall him doing it was when he was being 'outrageous' when he appeared on the chat show of a bloke about as entertaining as pancreatic cancer, i.e. Des O'Connor.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Funny how he reckons loads of people did it but the only example, i.e. Starr, is a bloke who seems to be, by all accounts, an unmitigated cunt. And the only time I recall him doing it was when he was being 'outrageous' when he appeared on the chat show of a bloke about as entertaining as pancreatic cancer, i.e. Des O'Connor.

Also even they were making fun of them not trying to look good. Even Lemmy didn’t go full SS.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Also even they were making fun of them not trying to look good. Even Lemmy didn’t go full SS.

Aye, Starr wasn't exactly funny or owt but, like the equally unfunny 'Allo, 'Allo, he was at least takng the piss out of them.

The Kings Road punks of the 70s wore Nazi stuff to piss their parents generation off, which is a bit ironic seeing as they were the very people who had actually defeated mid 20th century European Fascism.  Suppose that was the point, if I was a teenager back then I think I might have got a bit pissed off with a bunch of jumped up cockney bastards shouting "YEAH MATE WE SHOWED THAT FUCKIN HITLER WHAT FOR AND NO MISTAKE COR BLIMEY GUVNOR" . So that's the level CTs humour Is; anything to piss off mum and dad :lol:

3 hours ago, Alex said:

God you talk some pious shite :lol:

People have been dressing up as Nazis, doing silly walks and taking the piss for years. Still do as a quick browse of any fancy dress shop would confirm.

Elton John and the English cricket team went to a fancy dress after retaining the ashes in 86. David Gower went as a Nazi. 

Nevertheless, there is a strong tradition in Britain of holding up Nazis as figures to be mocked too. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/paul-hollywood-nazi-great-british-bake-off-costume-a7940221.html%3famp

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

God you talk some pious shite :lol:

People have been dressing up as Nazis, doing silly walks and taking the piss for years. Still do as a quick browse of any fancy dress shop would confirm.

Elton John and the English cricket team went to a fancy dress after retaining the ashes in 86. David Gower went as a Nazi. 

Nevertheless, there is a strong tradition in Britain of holding up Nazis as figures to be mocked too. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/paul-hollywood-nazi-great-british-bake-off-costume-a7940221.html%3famp

Well if you can still do it, why are you complaining you can't? Feel free to dress up as a Nazi if you want, clearly hilarious stuff to those of a certain mindset. 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well if you can still do it, why are you complaining you can't? Feel free to dress up as a Nazi if you want, clearly hilarious stuff to those of a certain mindset. 

I didn’t say you couldn’t or that I wanted too, I simply commented on when this went from being harmless piss taking fun to moral outrage. 

I’d guess it’s the latte drinkers setting themselves up as modern day Mary Whitehouses. 

As for the moral highness on here.... I guess we’ll be banning fists Birthday tits all too soon. :(

12 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I didn’t say you couldn’t or that I wanted too, I simply commented on when this went from being harmless piss taking fun to moral outrage

I’d guess it’s the latte drinkers setting themselves up as modern day Mary Whitehouses. 

As for the moral highness on here.... I guess we’ll be banning fists Birthday tits all too soon. :(

Around about the same time as we see young white men goose stepping, screaming their hatred and throwing nazi salutes about, it's probably wise to look at people in positions of authority who've decided it's a good idea to wear Nazi paraphernalia with a degree of suspicion.

If you can't see that normalising the wearing of Nazi gear is a bad idea you should probably just step away from the internet as you're too stupid to enjoy that benefit.

Every example CT is giving of light hearted dressing up box nazi based fun is at least 30 years old. So I'm suggesting that's  your cut off point CT...needlesss to point out that you and most other Brexit supporters are half a life time out of fuckin date with your views..

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Every example CT is giving of light hearted dressing up box nazi based fun is at least 30 years old. So I'm suggesting that's  your cut off point CT...needlesss to point out that you and most other Brexit supporters are half a life time out of fuckin date with your views..

CT yearns for the 80s man, that was the decade of his life. He loved all of it, you can just imagine he was one of those tosser casuals who loved nothing better than to spunk his hard earned YTS money from SCS on an overpriced bottle of grolsch in the Bigg market dressed in a cerise shirt. It's why he's desperate to get back to the NE depression we experienced under Thatcher, he thinks that will somehow bring the 80s back to life. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Every example CT is giving of light hearted dressing up box nazi based fun is at least 30 years old. So I'm suggesting that's  your cut off point CT...

Well this was the view on here 10 years ago and nobody pulled him up ;)

2D25BDB5-3D63-45ED-9EA2-C810A4833BAC.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

CT yearns for the 80s man, that was the decade of his life. He loved all of it, you can just imagine he was one of those tosser casuals who loved nothing better than to spunk his hard earned YTS money from SCS on an overpriced bottle of grolsch in the Bigg market dressed in a cerise shirt. It's why he's desperate to get back to the NE depression we experienced under Thatcher, he thinks that will somehow bring the 80s back to life. 

:lol: or maybe he was one of those daft fuckers in a stripey tie with some ducks on it drinking a from a can of red stripe or Schlitz(?) costing £2 inside a pub when you could go to the offy next door and buy one for 75p? Or better still for the same price buy a lovely pint of Ex or Scotch IN AN ACTUAL FUCKIN GLASS :)

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well this was the view on here 10 years ago and nobody pulled him up ;)

2D25BDB5-3D63-45ED-9EA2-C810A4833BAC.jpeg

A nameless post from fuck knows when proves nothing I'm afraid darling. Have you got your leg warmers and deely boppers on in the cab this morning? :)

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Latte drinkers. :lol:

'And it's too latte, baby now it's too latte,

Though we really did try to make it,

I'm in distress, no more SS fancy dress,

And I can't hide and I just can't fake it, oh no.'

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...