Politics

Christmas Tree

_106443382_tim14.jpg

Look at that bloody MSM. Continuing to report on scurrilous accusations attacking the Labour Party  brought to them by *checks notes* Labour MPs.

Edited by ewerk

We knew it was Labour MPs anyway didn't we?

I don't think you follow the thrust of my argument on this ;)

Still though, I guess that's another front page for Gloom.

Again, I’d put it to you Rayvin, is this not newsworthy? Though the BBC, guardian and other MSM websites aren’t splashing with it, notably. Just the times, because it was their scoop. 

This story actually paints Corbyn in a much better light over Labour’s antisemitism problem as he actually admits there is a genuine problem. Why he can’t say this stuff on the record is beyond me. All he has done in this recording of a private conversation is admit what I have been saying all along. 

Indeed. Labour need to fucking earn that particular statement.

It's kind of heartening to see that UKIP's swing to the right has failed to rally any significant support to them though. I would prefer we lost to the Brexit Party than UKIP.

Assuming the Labour voter base is almost entirely Remain (big assumption, I know), I think we can infer the following:

Leave - 49%

Remain - 47%

Not sure where the other 4% has gone, maybe on independents?

2 hours ago, NJS said:

So you still don't accept that Labour voters outside of the cities are still pro-brexit?

It's not that, it's just that presumably if they're pro-Brexit, they're backing Brexit parties.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean the alternative seems to be that we accept that comfortably north of 50% of the country is pro-leave, which seems... counter to any polls I've seen?

Never, ever, underestimate just how fucking stupid the vast majority of ordinary people are. 

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's not that, it's just that presumably if they're pro-Brexit, they're backing Brexit parties.

They may still vote Labour with the current policy which attempts to satisfy both sides - coming out as pure remain/second ref might cost them those votes offseting the gains - that's what I'm saying. 

Ignore the fact that we've been back and forth on this to death, because actually what I'm about to ask is a genuine question rather than a challenge.

Is that antisemitism?

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ignore the fact that we've been back and forth on this to death, because actually what I'm about to ask is a genuine question rather than a challenge.

Is that antisemitism?

Do you accept the difference between Zionism and Israeli illegal occupation and expansion?

I think the "genuine Jews" comment is leading towards some manner of anti-semitic statement for sure. Is that the main issue?

I'm just a bit concerned that the main issue might be the attack on "Zionists". This is of course clearly not antisemitism (and would affect non-Jews in Labour as well, if I understand it correctly).

Just now, Rayvin said:

I think the "genuine Jews" comment is leading towards some manner of anti-semitic statement for sure. Is that the main issue?

I'm just a bit concerned that the main issue might be the attack on "Zionists". This is of course clearly not antisemitism (and would affect non-Jews in Labour as well, if I understand it correctly).

How is it clearly not anti semitism and what qualifies you to make that statement?