Politics

Christmas Tree

On 26/04/2019 at 02:06, Rayvin said:

Just gonna say, i said about 3 years ago that these people were gonna start crossing into the mainstream :cuppa:

Thanks to all those people watching him on YouTube ;) 

Why did Corbyn write a foreword in this book without acknowledging the antisemitism in Hobson’s theory? Did he genuinely miss those bits? There isn’t even a nod to it being a product of its time. The denials are in again now it’s been exposed but i mean, really. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why did Corbyn write a foreword in this book without acknowledging the antisemitism in Hobson’s theory? Did he genuinely miss those bits? There isn’t even a nod to it being a product of its time. The denials are in again now it’s been exposed but i mean, really. 

For me, I think this is enough to confirm that Corbyn probably does believe the Jewish conspiracy bollocks. And marks him as an antisemite.

I haven't read the book or anything, but if it is as described here, then its an extremely poor look. I don't even think ignorance would wash as a defence really unless he wrote the foreword without reading any of it. Which is possible but fucking stupid. So he's either immensely incompetent, or antisemitic, or both.

Either way he needs to go. He's ruined everything by being completely useless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

For me, I think this is enough to confirm that Corbyn probably does believe the Jewish conspiracy bollocks. And marks him as an antisemite.

I haven't read the book or anything, but if it is as described here, then its an extremely poor look. I don't even think ignorance would wash as a defence really unless he wrote the foreword without reading any of it. Which is possible but fucking stupid. So he's either immensely incompetent, or antisemitic, or both.

The book was over 100 years old when he wrote the foreword for the new edition. The idea that he didn't know of an approve the contents is fanciful.

If you add up all the evidence that you've refused to believe in the past then it does make a compelling case.

Of course he wasn't under and scrutiny in 2011. He is an anti-semite, a brexiteer, and a fucking liar. What luck to get him as opposition leader at this pivotal time in history. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The book was over 100 years old when he wrote the foreword for the new edition. The idea that he didn't know of an approve the contents is fanciful.

If you add up all the evidence that you've refused to believe in the past then it does make a compelling case.

What evidence have i refused to believe in the past?

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Of course he wasn't under and scrutiny in 2011. He is an anti-semite, a brexiteer, and a fucking liar. What luck to get him as opposition leader at this pivotal time in history. 

We have him for the same reason we have Brexit. The failure of the centre.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We have him for the same reason we have Brexit. The failure of the centre.

I'm not having that. Brexit is solely the failure of the coservatives to control their own far right. Corbyn was a complete failure of labour, Miliband in particular, to implement a sensible leadership system. A fucking cock up with truly catastrophic outcomes. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not having that. Brexit is solely the failure of the coservatives to control their own far right. Corbyn was a complete failure of labour, Miliband in particular, to implement a sensible leadership system. A fucking cock up with truly catastrophic outcomes. 

Let's not get into this again. Maybe we could just agree that Tory austerity and Labour's lack of resistance to it is what brought us here. I would consider that to be a failure of the centre, but it's not like the terminology matters really.

You do at some point need to consider why people voted so strongly against the centre though.

Edited by Rayvin

Alright but anyway, let's focus on the problems of here and now rather than what caused them, which was your deflection. I hear that Corbyn in that preface also called NATO an occupying force and claimed there was more freedom in the USSR than western Europe. If this is true the guy is an utter fruit loop and definitely not fit for office. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Alright but anyway, let's focus on the problems of here and now rather than what caused them, which was your deflection. I hear that Corbyn in that preface also called NATO an occupying force and claimed there was more freedom in the USSR than western Europe. If this is true the guy is an utter fruit loop and definitely not fit for office. 

I mean, it wasn't really a deflection more than a reminder. I'm intensely keen we don't wade back into the middle of this again, and am quite concerned that lessons of why we're here aren't being learned :lol:

I've heard statements like the NATO one before from fairly radical lefties in my social group. I agree that it's a fantasy, but then the Russians would probably say that about what we think. Would be interesting to know which particular attributes of Western society Corbyn considers to not be 'free'.

Edited by Rayvin

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ok.

It's not like you defended him over the Jewish banker mural or couldn't see anything wrong with him claiming that British zionists lack 'English irony'. :rolleyes: 

He has to go now before it’s too late. I’m struggling to see how I could vote for labour under his leadership, and there are many like me up and down the country. That’s despite thinking his last election manifesto was the best in my 22 years as a voter. He’s failed on Brexit, the big issue of the day. He’s at least trying on climate change but I can’t vote for an antisemite. And there are only so many times you can get away with saying you didn’t see it. If you’ve gone go to the effort to write a foreword, you must have read the fucking thing.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's not like you defended him over the Jewish banker mural or couldn't see anything wrong with him claiming that British zionists lack 'English irony'. :rolleyes: 

I seem to recall being more fired up about why the media had chosen to obsess about the mural at a time several years after it was first reported, almost as if they had an agenda. I also recall looking at it and not seeing 'Jewish people' myself.

I don't really remember the English irony comments. I imagine there's some supporting context though.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He has to go now before it’s too late. I’m struggling to see how I could vote for labour under his leadership, and there are many like me up and down the country. That’s despite thinking his last election manifesto was the best in my 22 years as a voter. He’s failed on Brexit, the big issue of the day. He’s at least trying on climate change but I can’t vote for an antisemite. And there are only so many times you can get away with saying you didn’t see it. If you’ve gone go to the effort to write a foreword, you must have read the fucking thing.

I'd hit this point over Brexit alone, but anyone who believes that there is a 'Jewish conspiracy' keeping everyone down instead of structural problems perpetuated by an unfair system, is clearly not going to be capable of addressing the main problems.

Honestly I can't believe that this is the standard of politician we seem to have. I mean I never really thought politicians were intelligent, but I'd credited them with at least some level of rational thought. The one thing Brexit has delivered in a positive sense is to hopelessly expose the crazies on all sides now. There are precious few competent politicians left.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I seem to recall being more fired up about why the media had chosen to obsess about the mural at a time several years after it was first reported, almost as if they had an agenda. I also recall looking at it and not seeing 'Jewish people' myself.

I don't really remember the English irony comments. I imagine there's some supporting context though.

Still in denial then.