Politics

Christmas Tree

48 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Johnny Mercer can go fuck himself.

why. what's he done now? i thought he acquitted himself quite well on hignfy the other dsy

Lord Prescott, former deputy PM, ranted at Jewish journalist that Labour antisemitism was all 'about Israel'

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/lord-prescott-former-deputy-pm-ranted-at-jewish-journalist-labour-antisemitism-all-about-israel-1.483611

what a tit.

i do like this line though :lol:

When the JC asked Lord Prescott about his comments he responded: “F**k off.” Asked why he was using foul language he replied: “Because you are a journalist – F**k off.”

31 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why. what's he done now? i thought he acquitted himself quite well on hignfy the other dsy

Demanding immunity for murderers.

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Demanding immunity for murderers.

After the decision to charge this individual for bloody Sunday I asked my ex squaddy mate what he thought, hed served in NI in the 80s. Two things makes it blatantly unfair he reckons:

1. "letters of comfort" to ex IRA men guaranteeing immunity from prosecution for terrorist offences that no one has been tried for. 

2. The rules of engagement for British troops weren't fit for purpose, they weren't allowed to shoot armed terrorists unless the terrorist was actually pointing the weapon at them. This caused huge resentment apparently.

Now, at the risk of causing a TT diplomatic incident by opening this particular can of worms, what would you say to these points?...

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

1. "letters of comfort" to ex IRA men guaranteeing immunity from prosecution for terrorist offences that no one has been tried for. 

2. The rules of engagement for British troops weren't fit for purpose, they weren't allowed to shoot armed terrorists unless the terrorist was actually pointing the weapon at them. This caused huge resentment apparently.

Now, at the risk of causing a TT diplomatic incident by opening this particular can of worms, what would you say to these points?...

1. The letters of comfort were sent to 200 men confirming that they weren't under investigation from the police. It was not a blanket amnesty for all terrorists and crimes that had not been prosecuted could still be prosecuted and we have seen such prosecutions continuing. These letters are literally administrative confirmations, not get out of jail free cards.

2. No one is and no one will be prosecuted for genuinely mistaking a civilian for a genuine target. The bar is being held very high for these prosecutions and various enquiries have and will prove that soldiers were shooting at unarmed civilians that they had absolutely no reason to believe were a threat to them. The British security forces in Northern Ireland killed more civilians than actual terrorists. In any job if you get more wrong that you get right then you aren't very good at it. But here you are talking about human lives, including 61 children murdered by the armed forces. The British Army were able to shoot and act with near impunity. If they weren't then ask your mate why only four soliders have been convicted throughout the entire troubles. And why those four soliders were released after just two years of supposed life sentences at which point they were welcomed back into the army. Literally found guilty of murder and then given their old jobs back as if they did nothing wrong.

• Like 1

But what really got me about Johnny Mercer's comments today was that there shouldn't be an investigation. There shouldn't be a trial. There should be no attempt to find the truth of what happened. It's the inference that British soliders are above question and above justice. It's absolutely disgusting. And the fact that Theresa May pretty much agreed that British soldiers are being treated unfairly on their actions 'overseas' says it all. As if this shit happened in some third world country half way across the world and not in part of the UK. We were considered as 'less than' back in the 70s and this continues to this day in much of the Conservative party and British military.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I seem to recall being more fired up about why the media had chosen to obsess about the mural at a time several years after it was first reported, almost as if they had an agenda. I also recall looking at it and not seeing 'Jewish people' myself.

image.png.7c07da42091fffe9bde12fadac18a57a.png

Image result for corbyn mural

look harder.

the big, hooked-nosed bankers playing monopoly on top of the impoverished, one of them has a beard and is counting money. it could have been an illustration in the protocols of the elders of zion.

the eye of providence symbol is another giveaway

and if that isn't enough evidence, the street "artist" behind said “some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are” 

Edited by Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

sigh

What about the regular protests outside Newcastle M&S? I mean, do the managers at M&S really have the power to stop the occupation of the west Bank? Those protestors used to piss me off, trying to stop me getting my piri piri curry. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

image.png.7c07da42091fffe9bde12fadac18a57a.png

Image result for corbyn mural

look harder.

the big, hooked-nosed bankers playing monopoly on top of the impoverished, one of them has a beard and is counting money. it could have been an illustration in the protocols of the elders of zion.

the eye of providence symbol is another giveaway

and if that isn't enough evidence, the street "artist" behind said “some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are” 

Yeah, I can see that argument now. Believe it or not my friend, prior to getting immersed in ToonTastic's review of antisemitism in the Labour party, I wouldn't look at something like this and see Jews. And I didn't. I saw something that confirmed my own biases. Illuminati style, world running rich people keeping everyone else down.

Not apologising for that either, I really have never spent any time, prior to talking on here, thinking about or discussing the possibility of a Jewish conspiracy running the world..!

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You may well have seen that but you can be damned sure that Corbyn saw exactly what it was saying.

Based on what I knew about Corbyn and the extent of antisemitism at the time, I felt there was sufficient doubt.

The first thing I've seen that is unequivocable is that damn book. The rest of this, I was happy to go with benefit of the doubt. As were many people on here. In fact I recall Gloom himself frequently stating that Corbyn wasn't an antisemite.

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Based on what I knew about Corbyn and the extent of antisemitism at the time, I felt there was sufficient doubt.

The first thing I've seen that is unequivocable is that damn book. The rest of this, I was happy to go with benefit of the doubt. As were many people on here. In fact I recall Gloom himself frequently stating that Corbyn wasn't an antisemite.

I didn’t think he was at first either. I thought  he was just blind to something that has always existed in his wing of the hard left. At first it looked like a failure to adequately address the problem. Now it looks like he’s part of the problem.

I actually think he should resign over this book issue and, for all the so-called media hysteria, there isn’t enough being made of it. This is so offensive it should be leading the MSM news. It isn’t, perhaps because it isn’t news anymore. Many of us on the left didn’t want to accept what a lot of people have known about him for a while. How could someone who has campaigned against racism all his life be an antisemite, we cried. 

She's the one that openly lied live on TV about us not having the right to veto the acession of Turkey, despite being challenged at the time. A shameless liar. Have the barrel of politics ever been more scraped?