Politics

Christmas Tree

If you look at the odds, since yesterday morning Johnson has shifted from 85% likely to get the job to 78% likely. Which still places him as a massive favourite but when you consider this is day 1 of the 1v1 campaign vs Hunt, it's a pretty chunky swing. 

I can only see it heading in the same direction the more he's exposed to pu lic scrutiny. 

I'm starting to view him becoming PM the same way I see Charles becoming king - controversy and incompetence might cause the demise of the monarchy/tory party. 

What I found to be utterly incredible was the fact that the members at the hustings yesterday cheered Johnson when he was asked about the issue. Literally cheering suspicions of domestic abuse. And then booing Iain Dale when he pressed the issue.

This is Trumpian and deeply worrying for our country.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

Caroline Flint on Marr there unambiguously saying she would rather we leave without a deal rather than revoke or second referendum. Interestingly she literally had a massive unicorn necklace around her neck. I fucking despise her. 

No deal isn’t getting past parliament. There are the numbers for a no confidence vote in Johnson or Hunt if either of them try to sleepwalk the country towards the default without securing a deal or an extension.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I’m not entirely convinced that Hunt is the more sensible option. He may have more natural Conservative instincts than Johnson but we saw plenty of evidence when he was in charge of the NHS that’s he's happy to fuck over millions if it advances his career.

Aye, it's certainly a strange feeling instinctively "preferring" (and I use the word very loosely) the man who tried to shut down my local hospital. Maybe Johnson really is a safer choice precisely because so many people actively dislike him and might be more prepared to stand in his way. :dunno: 

Well I said a while back that Johnson would be the best option for remain. It may force reluctant leavers to push back against his form of Brexit and tip the balance back in our favour.

Have a read of the full transcript of Kuenssberg's interview with Johnson on the BBC. When you see his words written down, it's even more apparent that he hasn't even started thinking about what he's actually going to do if he gets the job. 

The fat twat Ferrari on LBC has just repeatedly asked him when this make-up photo with him and his lass was taken and who released it. He refused to answer about 6 times. Ferrari ended by pointing out that it's apparent it wasn't taken any time recently as his hair in the photo is completely different to how it looks today.