Politics

Christmas Tree

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Next stage of the coup d’etat....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/07/leak-of-uk-ambassadors-us-telegrams-plays-into-wider-power-struggle

We’re being had from all sides here like. No fuckers sticking to any unwritten rules, guidelines or customs any more. 

Johnson is being quite open about ripping up regulations and slashing taxes whilst we align with America. If he succeeds, there's no going back, it's game over. 

He won't succeed though. He doesn't have the numbers for it and that poll is clear he won't have them after an election either. As an aside, I hope that cunt has the massive heart attack that he's long overdue. 

Btw I've never seen anything quite as pathetic as May and Hunt falling over themselves to say what a great job the cunt Trump is doing. Then Trump comes out and shits on May. Serves the bitch right, she should have seen this coming like the rest of us. 

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He won't succeed though. He doesn't have the numbers for it and that poll is clear he won't have them after an election either. As an aside, I hope that cunt has the massive heart attack that he's long overdue. 

I hope you're right. But then, nothing has turned out as expected yet d recently and everything seems to be on a downwards trajectory. The idea of a Johnson Farage government would have absurd a few weeks ago but now? With that useless cunt Corbyn as opposition i can see the larger Remain vote splitting whilst simultaneously the leave vote coalescing. I'm frankly conerned, because its much worse than anything Icould have envisioned. 

• Like 1

The remain vote cannot split next time. If there is anything left of the establishment powers of the centre ground, it needs to make sure that doesn't happen.

As an aside, I note that Tommy Robinson has just pleaded for political asylum in the US. An interesting development. Maybe he'll be the new ambassador under a Johnson government :lol:

Well it's positive that there's a remain party agreement happening in the Brecon by-election. If it works out then hopefully we'll see more of it going on in a GE. I doubt Labour will get involved though even if they go full remain.

Labour incorrectly see themselves as better than that sort of thing. It'll be the end of them at the next election, when it could have been a way to all but secure seats. 

21 hours ago, Renton said:

Well, possibly there is a seismic change happening in politics with the imminent extinction of the two main parties. Maybe this is a blip but it's unprecedented.And if the vote splits like this in the GE it really is game over for the big two imo, forever.

Or BAU?

:CT:

Good points, but I am not sure why we can rely on polls anymore.  Given that they have been spectacularly wrong in the recent past, hopefully they are wrong now.  However, not sure what would be better in the circumstances. :( 

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Good points, but I am not sure why we can rely on polls anymore.  Given that they have been spectacularly wrong in the recent past, hopefully they are wrong now.  However, not sure what would be better in the circumstances. :( 

I'm not sure they have been wrong. It's a coomon myth they were in the referendum: they weren't, the result was within the margin of error. 2017 GE labour did well at the final hurdle. Trump also within the margin of error. 

Of course there's a long political way to go before the next GE and with our FPTP system anything could happen with this amount of disruption happening. Johnson might get unseated, for instance. That would be delicious. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Johnson might get unseated, for instance. That would be delicious. 

I think if there's any risk of that then they'd move him to a safe Tory seat. Completely cowardly move but wouldn't be an issue for Johnson.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think if there's any risk of that then they'd move him to a safe Tory seat. Completely cowardly move but wouldn't be an issue for Johnson.

In a normal world, that would be hugely damaging politically. But, etc.... 

On 09/07/2019 at 07:10, PaddockLad said:

Next stage of the coup d’etat....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/07/leak-of-uk-ambassadors-us-telegrams-plays-into-wider-power-struggle

We’re being had from all sides here like. No fuckers sticking to any unwritten rules, guidelines or customs any more. 

Annnndddd..... he's gone..

Kim Darroch resigns as UK ambassador to US after leaked Trump comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/10/kim-darroch-resigns-as-uk-ambassador-to-us-after-leaked-trump-comment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard