No deal isn’t getting past parliament. There are the numbers for a no confidence vote in Johnson or Hunt if either of them try to sleepwalk the country towards the default without securing a deal or an extension.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I’m not entirely convinced that Hunt is the more sensible option. He may have more natural Conservative instincts than Johnson but we saw plenty of evidence when he was in charge of the NHS that’s he's happy to fuck over millions if it advances his career.

• Like 1

Aye, it's certainly a strange feeling instinctively "preferring" (and I use the word very loosely) the man who tried to shut down my local hospital. Maybe Johnson really is a safer choice precisely because so many people actively dislike him and might be more prepared to stand in his way. :dunno: 

Well I said a while back that Johnson would be the best option for remain. It may force reluctant leavers to push back against his form of Brexit and tip the balance back in our favour.

Johnson is the slightly better choice of the 2. I think he probably wants to stay aligned with the EU. He's also dim, in spite of his accent and education. Hunt is just a nasty bastard and clever to boot

Have a read of the full transcript of Kuenssberg's interview with Johnson on the BBC. When you see his words written down, it's even more apparent that he hasn't even started thinking about what he's actually going to do if he gets the job. 

The fat twat Ferrari on LBC has just repeatedly asked him when this make-up photo with him and his lass was taken and who released it. He refused to answer about 6 times. Ferrari ended by pointing out that it's apparent it wasn't taken any time recently as his hair in the photo is completely different to how it looks today. 

So the choice at the next election is the man who paints cardboard buses or the man who goes round looking at man hole covers.

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

So the choice at the next election is the man who paints cardboard buses or the man who goes round looking at man hole covers.

Or the man who puts lies on the side of buses

If the Sunday papers have more shit up their sleeve is there a chance he’ll pull out? 

The self entitled prick has been waiting all his life for this moment but does he want it enough?  🤔

He wouldn't pull out and it also wouldn't make much of a dent in his popularity among the Tory members.