15 hours ago, Alex said:

Corbyn’s a bit thick imo. That’s one of the biggest issues in all this

Seems to be a prerequisite for leading politicians these days.

21 hours ago, Renton said:

Well, possibly there is a seismic change happening in politics with the imminent extinction of the two main parties. Maybe this is a blip but it's unprecedented.And if the vote splits like this in the GE it really is game over for the big two imo, forever.

Or BAU?

:CT:

Good points, but I am not sure why we can rely on polls anymore.  Given that they have been spectacularly wrong in the recent past, hopefully they are wrong now.  However, not sure what would be better in the circumstances. :( 

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Good points, but I am not sure why we can rely on polls anymore.  Given that they have been spectacularly wrong in the recent past, hopefully they are wrong now.  However, not sure what would be better in the circumstances. :( 

I'm not sure they have been wrong. It's a coomon myth they were in the referendum: they weren't, the result was within the margin of error. 2017 GE labour did well at the final hurdle. Trump also within the margin of error. 

Of course there's a long political way to go before the next GE and with our FPTP system anything could happen with this amount of disruption happening. Johnson might get unseated, for instance. That would be delicious. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Johnson might get unseated, for instance. That would be delicious. 

I think if there's any risk of that then they'd move him to a safe Tory seat. Completely cowardly move but wouldn't be an issue for Johnson.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think if there's any risk of that then they'd move him to a safe Tory seat. Completely cowardly move but wouldn't be an issue for Johnson.

In a normal world, that would be hugely damaging politically. But, etc.... 

On 09/07/2019 at 07:10, PaddockLad said:

Next stage of the coup d’etat....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/07/leak-of-uk-ambassadors-us-telegrams-plays-into-wider-power-struggle

We’re being had from all sides here like. No fuckers sticking to any unwritten rules, guidelines or customs any more. 

Annnndddd..... he's gone..

Kim Darroch resigns as UK ambassador to US after leaked Trump comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/10/kim-darroch-resigns-as-uk-ambassador-to-us-after-leaked-trump-comment?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Well there was no way he could stay on in the circumstances. Did nothing wring but was fucked over to further someone else's agenda.

Let's just scrap the party now, it's pointless. We're going to be living in a right wing dystopia anyway, makes no odds either way.

I mean what has she said to justify it, not so much why has she done it :lol: I accept her reasons won't be principled from the get go.

Last Friday I attended an event for businesses of Hastings and Rye at the Hastings museum.  These were entrepreneurs and owners of small local businesses, such as IT, hotels and security.   Proprietors of these businesses were quick to share their views with me that we need to stay in the EU.  They told me that their success depends on continued membership.  Their success provides local employment, which means jobs and financial security for working people and their families.  This is the core of my support for staying in the EU - jobs and security.  

‘But fuck them now, the only job I’m worried about is my own’

There’s no such thing as no deal. It’s literally leaving without a deal then begging for some hastily cobbled together shit deal as soon as everything instantly turns to shit. In some ways it would be worth it 

13 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Old but gold.

66509736_10219020435852824_7987938279141

Oh mate, I have some gold I can sell you at a great price!