26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Pritti Patel tipped for the home office :lol:

She shouldn’t even be an MP after what she did yet somehow is going to be holder of one of the great offices of state. Politics is a fucking cess pit.

If hes pushing out all the moderates, isn't that a decent sign for us? They'll vote to bring him down, surely? Vote against no deal, etc..

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

If hes pushing out all the moderates, isn't that a decent sign for us? They'll vote to bring him down, surely? Vote against no deal, etc..

It’s likely to make decision making in cabinet much more efficient but with so many enemies and so many opposed to no deal now on the back benches it’s hard to see how it doesn’t lead to a GE.

I'm thinking that if they have a GE, it'll inevitably become a Tory/BP coalition. Labour will fail us as they always do these days. After Brexit is settled, I guess the Tory Party absorbs BP and becomes a new moderate right wing force in the country. The centrists are pushed out and the lasting issue David Cameron sought to settle with this whole stupid fiasco is indeed settled, in the favour of the 70 fringe members of the Conservative Party who essentially take over the whole thing.

So then we have moderate left Labour, moderate right Tories, and the Lib Dems standing alone in the centre.

And when push comes to shove, my money is on the centrists looking to the right instead of the left. So I think we're fucked for a generation unless remain can mobilise properly at this GE.

Why wouldn't he? Seriously, why wouldn't he? What the fuck possible advantage is there to Labour in not backing it.

EDIT - which isn't to say I think you're wrong btw. I'm just incredulous that it could even be in doubt and frustrated that this is where Labour are.

Edited by Rayvin

He's a stubborn cunt who perhaps wants to be the one to put down the motion himself rather than see the Lib Dems receive the credit.

I could be wrong of course. There will be quite a few pissed off Tories this morning so it could work.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He's a stubborn cunt who perhaps wants to be the one to put down the motion himself rather than see the Lib Dems receive the credit.

I could be wrong of course. There will be quite a few pissed off Tories this morning so it could work.

He's going to have to get used to the Lib Dems getting the credit for things Labour should be doing, for as long as Labour persist with not doing things things that Labour should be doing.

• Like 1

If they call one and Labour doesn't back it then yes, his hand has been strengthened. If one is called, Labour need to go all in with it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

that makes zero sense. labour keep bleating about a GE. a successful vote of no confidence is how you get one. johnson is assembling a GE cabinet. he will call one sooner or later anyway.  better to do it with him on the back foot, surely. 

• Like 1

IT's a fucking trap by that bitch man, if the cunts rallied around May, there's no way a confidence vote will pass before he's even met anyone in the EU or laid out a "plan".

1 minute ago, NJS said:

IT's a fucking trap by that bitch man, if the cunts rallied around May, there's no way a confidence vote will pass before he's even met anyone in the EU or laid out a "plan".

There's that kinder politics that Corbyn likes to promote.

What happened with the last one? - the liberals went on for weeks saying Labour should call one, eventually they did and it failed and straight away Cable said they wouldn't waste any more time taking part in them.

Now there's a new tory leader for them to rally around and theyre off again playing games.

Anyway Swinson falls firmly in the "rather have a tory government than a Corbyn led labour one" camp.