Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, NJS said:

I'd say if he resigned (very unlikely but maybe he could be persuaded) 

No chance would he resign - he's as bad as Johnson from that point of view.  It is all about himself, not the party and certainly not the country - politician 101

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"I will always back Britain's great farmers and as we leave the EU we need to make sure that Brexit works for them.

"That means scrapping the Common Agricultural Policy and signing new trade deals - our amazing food and farming sector will be ready and waiting to continue selling ever more not just here but around the world.

"Once we leave the EU on 31 October, we will have a historic opportunity to introduce new schemes to support farming - and we will make sure that farmers get a better deal."

This is where it's difficult to know if he's deliberately lying or really does believe this nonsense. The no deal Brexit he's pushing would be absolutely disastrous for our agricultural sector which would have already been decimated by the time these theoretical trade deals have been done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A load of them voted for it despite knowing how much money cap reform got them, typical dup followers voting for the usual suspects rather than thier own interests. 

 

One of  the critical apps they've got me in charge of delivering is export certs for meat/dairy, the expected increase in volume for those in a no deal scenario is staggering, how the mainland do it is a different (worse imo) process and all, we're miles ahead of them with tracing and animal info. 

Until I went over to defra the other month I always assumed the rest of the UK had a similar system to us, they've nothing like or animal movements stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the pro-Remain parties being pragmatic and harnessing the flaws of FPTP to their benefit for once, at least. The combined vote share of the losers is irrelevant in that respect, even if it is a concern - but then you've got the Boris bounce and an MP with local popularity (despite his misdemeanours) to consider. Under other circumstances the Tory vote might well have been more depressed.

 

The worry is that in a GE, a no-deal-ticket Conservative party would do the same kind of deals with Farage - stand aside in some of the places where UKIP were making progress in the north pre-2016 to clear the way for the Brexit Party to beat Labour, say (and in some desolate Kent backwater so Farage can have his seat at last), and get similar favours in return. Hopefully the Tories are too pig-headed to allow that to happen, but all bets are off these days. :dunno: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Good to see the pro-Remain parties being pragmatic and harnessing the flaws of FPTP to their benefit for once, at least. The combined vote share of the losers is irrelevant in that respect, even if it is a concern - but then you've got the Boris bounce and an MP with local popularity (despite his misdemeanours) to consider. Under other circumstances the Tory vote might well have been more depressed.

 

The worry is that in a GE, a no-deal-ticket Conservative party would do the same kind of deals with Farage - stand aside in some of the places where UKIP were making progress in the north pre-2016 to clear the way for the Brexit Party to beat Labour, say (and in some desolate Kent backwater so Farage can have his seat at last), and get similar favours in return. Hopefully the Tories are too pig-headed to allow that to happen, but all bets are off these days. :dunno: 

 

Its interesting. This whole mess was caused by the Tories infighting and warding off Farage. A pact with him would be the ultimate irony, and certainly the death of the party as we used to know them. I can't see it. But then again I'm being proven wrong about everything recently. Aren't we all I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a disgrace that he hasn't stepped aside at this stage. As much of a god complex as the rest of them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the cunts are trying to roll out not paying you a pension till your seventy five. I absolutely fucking loathe these sick bastards with a passion, I was never happy about it upping to sixty seven but this is a piss take. I managed to catch a bit of the BBC news review this morning and yesterday. Not a fucking peep. How the fuck is this not on the news? It affects every working person in the country. It's getting rid of the state pension for a lot of people and even the ones who'll qualify mightn't have much time to 'enjoy' it. Fucking middle England, the biggest set of deluded masochistic wankers going continually voting in these evil vermin. Zero chance I'll be able to do my job at sixty odd never mind seventy five and my work pensions won't cut the mustard for that length of time in between retiring and getting a state pension. The conservatives are truly poisonous. This lot put Thatcher in the shade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a policy, just being floated by Tory think-tanks. No doubt testing the waters for a reaction, but not currently on the cards. They'd be mental to even suggest it now with the potential GE looming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

 

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

It's not a policy, just being floated by Tory think-tanks. No doubt testing the waters for a reaction, but not currently on the cards. They'd be mental to even suggest it now with the potential GE looming.

No doubt it would've been news had Corbyn, whatever you think of him, had've proposed this. As Renton alludes, it's in the post.

 

11 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

 

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

Good luck with the appeal, they truly are merciless these Tory bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

 

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

 

Sorry to hear that man, and best of luck indeed with the appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

 

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

 

Hope things work out for your Sis mate. It’s fucked up man. Lots of policies I disagree or agree with, but first and foremost the gov. should look after those who need it (disabled and children) or deserve it (pensioners who’ve paid into system their whole life).

Edited by zerosum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×