Politics

Christmas Tree

BBC headline at the start of their breakfast show this morning. 'A general election has been passed for December. The Conservative leader, Boris Johnson has said they'll get brexit done if elected with a majority'. 

That was it. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

16 minutes ago, NJS said:

The media have built him up as this likeable buffoon which he's probably bought into as well. 

They seem to think it's a wildly held view but I guess we'll see. 

Not that I think he is that, but who the fuck votes for someone as PM on the basis they’re a likeable buffoon? I mean that’s a rhetorical question but how did we get the point where that became a selling point? 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not that I think he is that, but who the fuck votes for someone as PM on the basis they’re a likeable buffoon? I mean that’s a rhetorical question but how did we get the point where that became a selling point? 

:CT:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NJS said:

The media have built him up as this likeable buffoon which he's probably bought into as well. 

They seem to think it's a wildly held view but I guess we'll see. 

I blame hignfy

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, do we think Trump's intervention will be counterproductive, or are we too far gone as a country? 

Labour’s campaign office will be loving it. It fits their narrative that NHS is up for grabs in the US trade deal.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Labour’s campaign office will be loving it. It fits their narrative that NHS is up for grabs in the US trade deal.

Though many of the dipshits who voted brexit probably admire Trump so may not be as good for us as we hope 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Though many of the dipshits who voted brexit probably admire Trump so may not be as good for us as we hope 

Those dipshits weren't voting Labour anyway. More net good on this than net bad. In the eyes of swing voters, Trump is toxic.

• Like 1