Politics

Christmas Tree

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Has Corbyn ever said anything as anti-semitic as Johnson's islamophobic and racist remarks?

Genuine question btw, I've not really followed the labour anti-semitic stories in detail. I don't believe Corbyn  is a racist. A useless twat perhaps...

He has shown borderline anti-semitism in the past but not enough to deem him as one. It's more to do with his reluctance to stamp out anti-semitism in the party. Whether that be because of loyalty to the anti-semites as they invariably are hard left or whether it's because he agrees with their anti-Israeli government/pro-Palestine views. It's primarily a PR disaster. All he had to do was take a stance against anti-semitism and introduce a swift and robust disciplinary system but at every stage he's fucked it up. It's prime evidence of why he's a very poor leader.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

With all due respect to the "chief" rabbi, he can fuck off. 

Further rises in child poverty, homelessness and the death of the NHS topped with a possible no deal Brexit, or grown adults squabbling about fucking religion. If it genuinely is a choice between the two, then I'm afraid there's only one winner, unfortunate that it is that we have to have either. 

Aye, he’s asking people to vote with their conscience. I will be 

As I've said before, I'm sure there were plenty of anti-semites in the left wing movement as a result of over-sympathy for Palestinians but its just the lack of action that has given the opportunity for attackers. 

As Ewerk said, more weak leadership than real prejudice. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

With all due respect to the "chief" rabbi, he can fuck off. 

Aye.

A personal friend of Boris & a card carrying member of the Conservative party.

He can fuck right off.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye.

A personal friend of Boris & a card carrying member of the Conservative party.

He can fuck right off.

Quick! DEFLECT! DEFLECT! DEFLECT!

You appear to be Labour's No.1 fan on Twitter yet I don't think you've uttered a single word about their anti-semitism problem on here. Do you think there's a problem? Do you think they've handled the issue well?

You're a prime example of where Labour have gone wrong on this. You attack those raising concerns rather than actually addressing them. If Corbyn had done the latter years ago then none of this would be coming up right now.

i don't think it's the chief rabbi's role to be political, frankly. 

however, the labour party has failed on this problem - and it is a problem, those who argue otherwise have their head in the sand. jewish people are rightly appalled and traditional jewish labour voters are completely torn in this election. if i was in a marginal i would hold my nose and vote labour, because the alternative is far worse, and with some luck a leader with better judgement might emerge to succeed jezza.

but i'm not so i'm voting green. and i completely understand those who have given up on the party, because of the leadership's utter failure on this issue. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Quick! DEFLECT! DEFLECT! DEFLECT!

You appear to be Labour's No.1 fan on Twitter yet I don't think you've uttered a single word about their anti-semitism problem on here. Do you think there's a problem? Do you think they've handled the issue well?

You're a prime example of where Labour have gone wrong on this. You attack those raising concerns rather than actually addressing them. If Corbyn had done the latter years ago then none of this would be coming up right now.

Had on, that's a bit unfair imo. I think it's perfectly valid to point out where the Rabbi's allegiances lie and what conflicts of interest he has. And the rank hypocrisy of him endorsing Johnson, who is a proven racist. Not to mention he really shouldn't be commenting at all. His intervention stinks. 

• Like 1

It's pure whataboutery. You accuse Labour of not dealing with anti-semitism and they'll crow about it being politically motivated, Windrush and the Tories' islamophobia. You talk to the Tories and they'll do the opposite.

My point is that if Corbyn and his supporters put their hands up a long time ago, admitted there was a problem and dealt with it then this Rabbi would not have been able to make such accusations as he has done. Instead everyone is just saying, 'well look at the other side'. It's a pathetic reflection of the divisive politics in this country.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's pure whataboutery. You accuse Labour of not dealing with anti-semitism and they'll crow about it being politically motivated, Windrush and the Tories' islamophobia. You talk to the Tories and they'll do the opposite.

My point is that if Corbyn and his supporters put their hands up a long time ago, admitted there was a problem and dealt with it then this Rabbi would not have been able to make such accusations as he has done. Instead everyone is just saying, 'well look at the other side'. It's a pathetic reflection of the divisive politics in this country.

That's not how I read Tom's tweet. My understanding was it was about the motivations of the rabbi to make these comments at this point of time. What's new to provoke this?

As for whataboutery, why not? Johnson and all the tories do it constantly, time for him to get a dose of his own medicine, the vile racist cunt. 

The Muslim council of Britain needs to come out for Corbyn and get it on to the front page of tommorows Times, the sun and the mail. And they need to get it to be the first story on all tomorrow morning's news bulletins both on TV and radio. They also need to get it on the likes of Jeremy Vine and very probably loose women. Then we'd have a level playing field. Murdoch goes in to bat for the Tories and the likes of him isn't mentioned. Go figure. 

Labour is rife with AS and they've taken only small steps to get rid 

https://labour.org.uk/no-place-for-antisemitism/

Ignoring a blatantly biased media's part in all this misses an important underlying point though. 

• Like 1

I still think that evening standard article from a few days ago which invented Corbyn's response to make him look bad is one of the most horrific bits of reporting I've ever seen. The media have only ever cared about this because it's the only thing that actually sticks and i cannot be persuaded otherwise at this point.

That doesn't make ewerk wrong and i think he's right in fact, but I'm not going to sit here and think to myself that anyone in the media gives a fuck about this issue beyond hurting Labour.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

What's this about the DUP wanting to be in minority government with Labour? They've finally come to their senses I guess.

Also i was told that Sinn Fein may stand aside for other unionist MPs who could actually take seats in Westminster..?

The islamophobia problem in the Tory party is every bit, if not more, severe that AS in the Labour party and it needs to be called out from all sides. We've seen a right wing takeover of the Tory party who don't give a shit and while I don't think the left wing takeover is as extreme in the Labour party there has been a definite ignoring of the issues.

The Labour leadership have been dragged kicking and screaming to the point they have in the campaign against AS as it has largely been external influences and the moderates still within the party who have been putting the pressure on. Leadership on the issue from those at the top or pressure from their supporters would have gone a long way to resolving this before now.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What's this about the DUP wanting to be in minority government with Labour? They've finally come to their senses I guess.

Also i was told that Sinn Fein may stand aside for other unionist MPs who could actually take seats in Westminster..?

The DUP will never back a Corbyn led Labour party because as we all know, he was in the IRA. They'll be for sale to the highest bidder otherwise.

And although Sinn Fein stood aside for Lady Hermon in one constituency surely it's too late to do so in other seats?

31 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I still think that evening standard article from a few days ago which invented Corbyn's response to make him look bad is one of the most horrific bits of reporting I've ever seen. The media have only ever cared about this because it's the only thing that actually sticks and i cannot be persuaded otherwise at this point.

That doesn't make ewerk wrong and i think he's right in fact, but I'm not going to sit here and think to myself that anyone in the media gives a fuck about this issue beyond hurting Labour.

It’s not the only thing that sticks, there’s his refusal to press the nuclear button, sympathising with terrorists etc. I’m amazed we haven’t heard more of those attacks, particularly in the debates. 

34 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Actually, lots of people care about it, which is why it’s newsworthy. Just as they care islamophobia in the Tory party. 

The difference is we expect the Tories to be racist. That’s what they do.