Politics

Christmas Tree

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, the working classes are too thick to follow politics. When did you turn into a Tory?

bearing in mind working class sun readers pretty much kept thatcher's government in power for 11 years it's hardly a ringing endorsement!

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, the working classes are too thick to follow politics. When did you turn into a Tory?

I recognise the good natured humour in this ;)

Maybe I'm wrong and the working classes are digesting loads of youtube/online political content - it's absolutely possible. I just fancied they're probably still following it in the papers. Not that they're politically ignorant or thick, as such.

I came across this interview earlier today on LBC - a guy who was born on a council estate recounting his story. He was the only one of his 7 peers who didn't end up trapped in that estate, and he managed to dig himself out of his situation by virtue of the £30 a week maintenance allowance that the Tories have now done away with. He has since gone on to be a productive member of society, tax paying and happy with his life.

He believes it would be absolutely impossible for him to have managed that without the maintenance allowance. It's a really good interview, not even especially politically loaded. He considers it to be basically impossible now for someone in his position to achieve the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9IBpyqLKDA

I don't know why it isn't embedding, but it's worth a watch.

Edited by Rayvin

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

ewerk's on the blob again. 

:lol: I was genuinely surprised to see him splitting the country into middle class and the uneducated.

Plus I was looking a rise out of him followed by the inevitable apology ;) 

:D

Honestly, maybe I'm wrong. It's just that circulation figures have more broadly held up for broadsheets than tabloids, right? I assume readership is more or less along class lines.

Who knows, it's not a major point I guess.

They will. Their country depends on them. Time to stand up for Britain!

They'll come out of the voting booth feeling like they've made the same personal sacrifice as someone who died at the Somme. The wankers.

10 hours ago, Alex said:

People in food banks saying they’ll vote for Johnson. I’m almost at the stage where I think they deserve what’s coming to them. 

I was door knocking for Labour in north west Durham last night. (Consett)

Went to this one house, the garden was desolate. Got to the front door - there was a hole in it the size of a 50p, knocked. This fella came to the window....house was a state.

He was clearly in a bad way.

We asked who he was voting for, you can guess the rest. :suicide: 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1