Politics

Christmas Tree

As usual Cadwalladr nails it. The story that needs writing up is who the "senior tories" are that are spreading fake news during an election campaign. And print the faked whatsapp chats about 100s of protestors being ferried to the hospital in taxis paid for by Labour activists. 

All of it lies. At best, Kuennsberg is a useful idiot who is shit at her job. At worst she is complicit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It's not even surprising anymore. Grim encounter ffs.

I don't know why you feel compelled to defend these charlatans gloom, they sure as shit aren't playing the same game you are.

I’m defending the “MSM” from repeated accusations that it is one collective group with the same agenda and the same bias - simply untrue. “They” as you call them, don’t exist. 

And also because I think i’m the only person on this board (happy to be corrected), with experience of working in a newsroom. Because of that I’m well placed to confirm a lot of what is written on here - and on Twitter - is complete bullshit. 

I can only offer a view based on my professional experience, which is that editorial standards at the Beeb, and at other mainstream news outlets in this county, are rigorous.

So I’m frankly appalled that LK sent that tweet without standing it up from another source - it’s the least you expect from the BBC but also highlights how Twitter is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m defending the “MSM” from repeated accusations that it is one collective group with the same agenda and the same bias - simply untrue. “They” as you call them, don’t exist. 

And also because I think i’m the only person on this board (happy to be corrected), with experience of working in a newsroom. Because of that I’m well placed to confirm a lot of what is written on here - and on Twitter - is complete bullshit. 

I can only offer a view based on my professional experience, which is that editorial standards at the Beeb, and at other mainstream news outlets in this county, are rigorous.

So I’m frankly appalled that LK sent that tweet without standing it up from another source - it’s the least you expect from the BBC but also highlights how Twitter is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. 

There's stuff like this happening every day. How appalled do you have to be not to see there is a systemic problem here? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Stop defending these cunts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m defending “them” because by extension I’m a cunt too. 

Not that that’s news for you lot.

I don’t think you’re a cunt but it’s clear the BBC have been pretty biased in their political reporting for a good while. Given the stakes in this particular election it’s even worse than it otherwise would be. Looks like their reward is going to be becoming the latest victim of Tory cuts. 

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Are YouTube links broken here now? Anyway, saw this on the SMB politics board where @Rayvin posts as My Boy Harry. I'm not sure what to make of it other than WTaF? I assume they've been paid to do it, which makes them prostitutes. Happens around the 5 minute mark

https://youtu.be/l4dLLOklnHQ

End of free movement isn’t so bad after all. Close the borders!

Edited by Isegrim

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m defending “them” because by extension I’m a cunt too. 

Not that that’s news for you lot.

No one thinks you're doing any of this stuff but a great many of your colleagues clearly are. Curiously, many of the most prominent ones.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Are YouTube links broken here now? Anyway, saw this on the SMB politics board where @Rayvin posts as My Boy Harry. I'm not sure what to make of it other than WTaF? I assume they've been paid to do it, which makes them prostitutes. Happens around the 5 minute mark

https://youtu.be/l4dLLOklnHQ

That's depressing as fuck.

I'm prepared to believe they haven't been paid tbh, some people really believe in that stuff. Doesn't make it any less dismal though.

Can't believe you worked out my RTG alias though..

Edited by Rayvin

Watching this young persons debate thingy. I'm becoming a green scottish Welsh nationalist. The liittle parties did well, not so much Swinson, Raynor, Farage or whoever that Tory weasel cunt was. 

Just now, Renton said:

Watching this young persons debate thingy. I'm becoming a green scottish Welsh nationalist. The liittle parties did well, not so much Swinson, Raynor, Farage or whoever that Tory weasel cunt was. 

Also, Emma Barnett is, ahem, decent