Politics

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I see he's come out as the cheerleader for the Labour Brexit plan. I suppose someone had to do it.

Ian Lavery strikes me as the mirror image of Boria Johnson. Completely the opposite and yet the same. He's a tnuc.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Like when she tweeted that punch shite yesterday at the cunts' behest? ? 

Thing is LK's tweet today were published in her BBC article verbatim. So this guy is talking shite as is Gloom. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Like when she tweeted that punch shite yesterday at the cunts' behest? ? 

yes, exactly my point.

if she was filing it for the BBC, her editor should have asked her for a second source to verify the story. 

there is no filter on twitter.  twitter is a double edged sword for legacy media - they want their reporters on it, but they don't want them using the platform to scoop the organisation paying their wages, or to spread disinformation. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Thing is LK's tweet today were published in her BBC article verbatim. So this guy is talking shite as is Gloom. 

come again? she didn't break the "story" about hancock's minder getting lamped on the bbc - she chose twitter. you don't have to justify what you write on twitter to a commissioning editor, is the point. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

come again? she didn't break the "story" about hancock's minder getting lamped on the bbc - she chose twitter. you don't have to justify what you write on twitter to a commissioning editor, is the point. 

But… as the BBC Chief Political Editor, posting about political news, she should, at the very least, make sure what she’s posting isn’t utter bullshit. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, I'm referring to her tweet today that Gemmill highlighted a couple of hours ago. It is on the BBC main website, verbatim. So Jim Watersons defence of it and your endorsement of his defence are bunkum. 

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

But… as the BBC Chief Political Editor, posting about political news, she should, at the very least, make sure what she’s posting isn’t utter bullshit. 

Of course. As i already said, I'm not defending her. I was appalled by what she did. You would expect a senior BBC hack to know better. 

For context, at my place we are warned constantly about what we should and shouldn't tweet and reporters who choose to break news on twitter instead of on our website, and without going through the normal editing channels, can expect the hairdryer treatment.

I can only imagine what the bollocking would be like if I used twitter to spread disinformation. An apology would be swiftly issued and I imagine my job might be on the line.

Just now, Renton said:

No, I'm referring to her tweet today that Gemmill highlighted a couple of hours ago. It is on the BBC main website, verbatim. So Jim Watersons defence of it and your endorsement of his defence are bunkim. 

Waterson's tweet was from yesterday, and I thought in response to the fake news she tweeted about Hancock's man being punched

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, exactly my point.

if she was filing it for the BBC, her editor should have asked her for a second source to verify the story. 

She claims she had two sources.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

She claims she had two sources.

i saw peston say that, but that they were both tory sources, which is plainly unacceptable, and wouldn't get out of first gear with even a junior level commissioning editor. but that's the point - you don't have to be commissioned to send a tweet. 

i didn't see LK say that - or even offer any defence other than a half-arsed apology. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Kuennsberg nailing her colours to the mast.

"This nice thing.... Or chaos with Jeremy Corbyn" 

Gloom, this is in the BBC website. So she's not restricting her bias to twitter. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i saw peston say that, but that they were both tory sources, which is plainly unacceptable, and wouldn't get out of first gear with even a junior level commissioning editor. but that's the point - you don't have to be commissioned to send a tweet. 

i didn't see LK say that - or even offer any defence other than a half-arsed apology.