Apparently last time out in their final poll, Yougov predicted 306 for the Tories. So they're 33 stronger.

I mean, it's gonna be fucking close but it's the hope that kills you so I'm going to be writing the whole thing off and getting hammered on election night if it looks close.

Edited by Rayvin

I would say the tactically astute thing for Labour and basically everyone to do tomorrow, is to say there's zero risk of a Corbyn majority government, so feel completely free to vote for Labour, LDs, whoever. All that matters is killing Brexit and kicking out the Tories. There is no risk of anything on the other side so there's everything to gain and nothing to lose from a tactical vote.

Weather's looking pretty vile on Thursday. Hope you soft young twats can motivate yourselves to leave your playstations or whatever you do for half an hour.

Seriously though, turnout is paramount. 

• Like 1

In some encouraging news, my 97 yr old gran who votes Tory always, and voted for Brexit, has voted Green because she finds Johnson repellent.

Not sure that means anything but it surprised me a bit :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Apparently last time out in their final poll, Yougov predicted 306 for the Tories. So they're 33 stronger.

I mean, it's gonna be fucking close but it's the hope that kills you so I'm going to be writing the whole thing off and getting hammered on election night if it looks close.

Worth noting as well that they got 93% of seats right last time. If they repeat thst this time, that's still 7% they'll get wrong, which is 45 seats. That's more than enough to turn the result on its head. 

Obviously those seats could break in either direction, but the direction of travel based on the graph ewerk posted is clearly with Labour. 

This business of Matt Hancock having deliberately faked news and spread disinformation about that kids in Leeds hospital should be front and centre today.

I daresay nothing of any relevance will be seen on the BBC though.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think Piers Morgan doesn't want the Tories to win. Which is just weird. Just called Johnson a coward for not doing an interview with them (and running away).

As long as our interests align with his, I'm fine with that. He's carried out more scrutinous interviews of Tory MPs in this election than the BBC has, that's for sure.

there's a running debate in my household about whether to keep things such as ketchup, mustard or chocolate in the fridge. we will have to add PM to the list of contentious items

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Anyone who keeps those items in a fridge is clearly a sociopath.

Wrong (with the exception of Boris Johnson). Chocolate is always better cold and hard, it melts in you mouth, not in the packet. Mustard not important. But ketchup nowadays has much less salt and preservatives than it used to, so need to be kept refrigerated to stop it spoiling. 

Ewerk used to be a filthy stand up wiper, but was converted iirc. He'll soon be putting his ketchup in the fridge like the rest of civilised society. 

• Haha 2

Picked this up in RTG's politics board, apparently from Yougov constituency polling. Tory/Labour/BXP marginal. Kinda scary...

constituency Con Lab LD Brexit
Barnsley Central 17 42 4 33
Barnsley East 23 40 5 28
Hartlepool 30 37 5 27
Kingston upon Hull East 25 40 6 25
Doncaster North 24 44 5 24
South Shields 21 42 7 23
Easington 23 46 6 22
Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford 29 41 6 22
Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle 29 41 7 20
Washington and Sunderland West 28 42 5 20
Wigan 28 43 6 20