Politics

Christmas Tree

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

I was there for opening time but there were two blokes in front of me  - both commuters so my vote was probably wiped out before it was cast. 

Or you wiped out one of theirs ;)

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I assume they'll be more after vote share movements, Brexit Party squeezes and the like. I remember even in 1997 they were looking at whether Labour would become even more dominant in the already safe Sunderland South, which was the first one to declare (their candidate added 10%, which is when we already knew it was going to be a fun night).

Yeah indeed, you're right. We'll see how it goes I guess.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah indeed, you're right. We'll see how it goes I guess.

If it's going to be bad, let it be bad right from the exit poll onwards, to be honest. I can't be doing with hope. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

And also that there will be less racism under the Tories. I mean ffs. 

That’s where I’m utterly conflicted, but it doesn’t mean that AS in the party I’m inclined to vote for should be either excused or ignored. I can’t ignore it anyway. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s where I’m utterly conflicted, but it doesn’t mean that AS in the party I’m inclined to vote for should be either excused or ignored. I can’t ignore it anyway. 

It's worth remembering in all of this that Corbyn has stood up against antisemitism all his life, has stood in solidarity with Jews at demonstrations and in the aftermath of attacks, and has really done very little to hurt them other than apparently to listen to the other side of the Israel-Palestine issue.

Yes Labour has a problem with some fringe loonies, but there are 500,000 in the membership. Kind of inevitable. And I'm fairly certain they'll get a handle on it now.

Just popped round to my polling station to vote, its the local hospice where terminally ill people go to die.  Seems fitting somehow.

Anyway, I hope people get what they expect, but I expect they'll get what they deserve.  Just a shame every fucker else will too.

• Like 1

I’ll be honest - anti-semitism in the Labour Party isn’t the most pressing issue this country is facing right now. ( sorry Gloomy). 
That’s not to say it doesn’t exist, or isn’t something that should be addressed with haste, but it’s not something at the forefront of my mind when I go to vote. 
Undoubtedly though, for some, it is. 
What do they do, who do they vote for? 
:dunno:

I was there at 7 on the dot to cast my vote even though it was entirely futile. Still, I signed the candidate’s election form so the least I could do is give him my vote. 

Now I’m off to New York and may not bother coming back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll be honest - anti-semitism in the Labour Party isn’t the most pressing issue this country is facing right now. ( sorry Gloomy). 
That’s not to say it doesn’t exist, or isn’t something that should be addressed with haste, but it’s not something at the forefront of my mind when I go to vote. 

Has there ever been a perfect party to vote for? Unfortunately it’s invariably a matter of deciding who is the least bad.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I was there at 7 on the dot to cast my vote even though it was entirely futile. Still, I signed the candidate’s election form so the least I could do is give him my vote. 

Now I’m off to New York and may not bother coming back.

Enjoy your trip

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Beeb and other media have done a superb job pushing this though and it's worked.

Just now, ewerk said:

Has there ever been a perfect party to vote for? Unfortunately it’s invariably a matter of deciding who is the least bad.

That’s pretty much where I’m at- they’re all shit sandwiches, which one has the nicest bread? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The Beeb and other media have done a superb job pushing this though and it's worked.

Yes, and barely a mention of our Blue friend’s many “phobias”. 
But Labour need to address it, win or lose, pretty quickly. 

• Like 2

My mother (North Tyneside constituency ) has voted Tory for the first time in her life as she wants Brexit done. "Im not a TORY I just voted tory this time"

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE.  

Its fair to say we arent speaking today.

Hopefully that constituency is safe.