Politics

Christmas Tree

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Lisa Nandy is considering a leadership challenge. I'd need to hear a bit more from her but I'd prefer her to RLB. 

Hold on a minute there. Not just a female leader but a lesbian too?

The lisp thing works for women as well, doesn’t it?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, that's the thing. Especially given that we outnumber them.

We need proportional representation. Which is apparently Farage's next move politically, so maybe we need to get to a point where we're backing Farage..? Just to get the right outcome in the end...

I’d prefer to get to a point where a bloke who’s failed to become an MP multiple times has a far lesser say in British politics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This'll be his Reform Party that there's been talk about. He was saying the other day that he's already registered the name of his next venture.

If he succeeds with PR then happy days. 

I mean that's it. Much as I hate the cunt if he now morphs into some kind of legitimate voice of the working class and weaponises their vote into achieving PR then I'll back him next time out.

Tactical voting for Reform or any other party backing PR :lol:

What have we come to..

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What will his next single issue party after that be? 
The GoHomeBlackPeople Party

The ItWasBetterBeforeTheGays Party

Give your fucking heads a shake lads. 

Yeah but who cares about that if we get PR? It permanently fucks the right in this country. And probably the extreme left, but even so. It should be nectar from heaven for all you centrists ;)

Edited by Rayvin

I mean, it'll happen if we start actively trying for it. It's not like any of the big parties were remotely interested in it back in 2011. If Labour went all in on it with Farage in tow, I don't see why not.

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean, it'll happen if we start actively trying for it. It's not like any of the big parties were remotely interested in it back in 2011. If Labour went all in on it with Farage in tow, I don't see why not.

Because he’s a massive racist? 

AV was a terrible option as well, which didn’t help in 2011. In other news, it’s not that long ago lying about your job in a campaign would have lead to serious questions about your future as an MP

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Because he’s a massive racist? 

So we can work with a massive racist, or we can be ruled over by massive racists. I though pragmatism was the order of the day now?

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So we can work with a massive racist, or we can be ruled over by massive racists. I though pragmatism was the order of the day now?

:lol:
How quickly, to the nearest nanosecond, do you think Farage’s backers would pull the rug out from under him at the first hint of him courting the left wing? 

I don't know, maybe we let him run with it a bit and build up momentum first.

I'm just saying, if we're going to be pragmatic now then it makes sense. We're fucked without PR and I'm prepared to live with Farage if it saves us from 15 years of the Tories.

If he gets the idea into the heads of the working classes, who he is far better suited to communicate with apparently, even if they pull the rug out we can pick up where he left off.

Labour had a fucking mare though in terms of the popular vote. In any case, a Greens/LD/Labour pact wouldn’t be a bad thing. Especially considering the alternative 

Not sure that PR is the answer, because it can result in smaller single agenda "parties" carrying huge sway.  In fact, it is more likely to get someone like Farage calling the shots, because you need to do a deal with him to get your legislation over the line, because you no longer hold a majority.  It seems to give much more power to those on the far right or far left.  

Not taken fuck all notice in the GE since Friday.  Been great for the mind.

Spoke to my Brother in law last night.  He went to the footy with the old man and his mates.  father in law lives on the edge of Chesterfield.  They're comfortable, no issues.  Chesterfield on the other hand is a fucking dive.  Struggling like most northern cities.  His mates are similar to him, they all work together and have been at the company decades.  They're not at risk.  When I've been out with them before they moan about shops shutting in Chesterfield, or one of their kids losing their jobs etc.  Last month one had an operation cancelled for the 3rd time and was gutted for it.

Guess who they voted for

Daft cunts deserve everything they get.  Selfsih cunts.

I asked my FIL why would he vote for the Tories when he has a son who works in the Public sector and has been told his job maybe at risk if Brexit happens.  So he's spent the last 2 years shitting it.  He has a daughter in law who works for the NHS too.  They have had a couple of health issues also.  My mother in law did something to her shoulder.  They could easily pay to go private to get it sorted.  Instead they waited 3 months for her to get it sorted.   It was a painful 3 months too.  They can kiss that good bye now and double that.

I just do not get it.