Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

In what sense? 

Who's your pick for leader btw? Rayner isn't running so don't say her cos I know you fancy her. 

It’s a very tough choice. Jess Phillips would batter Boris week in, week out but has other issues. 

None of the “runners” are great prospects.

They should really try and get the SAS guy to run (Dan Jarvis) but not sure the hard left membership are going to let any else through other than RLB.

I think they are looking realistically at 10 years before they have a chance as so many things are against them.

Left v centrist tug of war

Northerners having lost their cherry to Tories

Wiped out in Scotland

Boundary changes that will now happen.

The unknown is whether Brexit leads to ruin, is bumpy or actually improves things.

Maybe a Boris batterer for now and Bridget or Jarvis in 5 years?

The truth is we are in for a period of very “strong and stable” government with that majority and parliament will just be a rubber stamping exercise as it was in the early 2000’s.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Cooper aside I don’t think there’s any woman currently suitable for the job.

I really hope she up's her game from last time -  for the good of the contest.

45 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50861140

Labour could do worse. Working class, left wing believability and military credentials.

The only thing really against him is the whole ‘get on your knees, bitch’ thing but that’s tame compared to anything Johnson has said.

He's always come across well. Is Dan Jarvis up for it? Be hard for the right wing MSM to go after him.