Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1219927/BBC-Laura-Kuenssberg-Remainers-Brexit-Brexitcast-latest-news

Just Kuennsberg trotting out the Tory/Cummings party line. She has to be applying for a job working for Johnson in the new year. 

Given that history will likely be written by Remainers, and given that historians will be able to see the actual clusterfuck that Brexit caused, I think it's doubtful she's right.

But at least it confirms she's an arse.

It’s the absurdity that it’s one of the first thing she points to after Labour got annihilated. It’s the political equivalent of Shelvey coming out after the Leicester hammering and blaming Sir Bobby Robson.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Given that history will likely be written by Remainers, and given that historians will be able to see the actual clusterfuck that Brexit caused, I think it's doubtful she's right.

But at least it confirms she's an arse.

They do say history is written by the winners....but any “definitive” political history of the second decade of the second millennium in what will then be termed the rather ironic “United Kingdom”will always be slanted by the authors own political bias. To me the big question won’t be why did leave win the referendum but why we had the referendum in the first place...

Laura K is likely to be seen as a product of her times...a simpleton being manipulated by unelected goons who know a useful idiot when they see one..

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

I think the point about the media is particularly important. Yes of course the media largely disliked Corbyn but Corbyn also intensely disliked them and has done for a long time. The closest he came to a good interview was with Phil and Holly. At all other times he looked like he didn’t even attempt to hide his disdain.

And then you look at the surrogates they put up and they were even worse. Richard Burgon, RLB, Ian Lavery, Barry Gardiner and Shami Chakrabarti are not impressive interviewees but unfortunately this was the best they could come up with from Corbyn’s cult. But at least Dianne Abbott was well hidden.

Labour need to learn to play the game and whether they’ve learned anything will be clear by who they choose as the next leader.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

There seems to be solid momentum behind RLB, although so far I have the feeling that she has just south of 50% of the membership behind her, and the others are spread widely amongst different candidates. If it becomes a two horse race, maybe it becomes closer.

20 hours ago, ewerk said:

Does a candidate need 50% to win?

No, just speculating that if this does become some kind of pitched battle for the heart and soul of the party, it'll probably become a two-way race.

9 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm past caring about this kind of shit now - we voted for the Tories, so they're doing what they do. No Deal Brexit and widespread corruption in a race to the bottom of workers rights and selling off public institutions and peerages to their mates.

This is the country we've chosen to be.

IDS getting a knighthood is an entirely expected type of abomination. 

Elton John has been made a companion of honour. This after his own knighthood which was in 1998. That’s your new Saville right there, hiding in plain sight again and being rewarded for years of silence :cuppa:

Allegedly.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

IDS getting a knighthood is an entirely expected type of abomination. 

Elton John has been made a companion of honour. This after his own knighthood which was in 1998. That’s your new Saville right there, hiding in plain sight again and being rewarded for years of silence :cuppa:

Allegedly.....

Tell me more, tell me more.....

grease-tell-me-more.gif

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah I want to know this Elton John craic. I've always found him to be a deeply unpleasant individual so it would be nice to have something concrete to go with it. 

I knew a lad who did chauffeuring a few years ago. He said it was absolutely emphasised to him to say fuck all to Mr John.