Politics

Christmas Tree

Twitter is rife with bellwhiffs proudly claiming that they've hidden the Ben and Jerry's behind other stuff in supermarket freezers. They reckon if they do it enough that the supermarkets will get sick of having to shift it and "stock ice cream from providers that don't get involved in politics." 

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Twitter is rife with bellwhiffs proudly claiming that they've hidden the Ben and Jerry's behind other stuff in supermarket freezers. They reckon if they do it enough that the supermarkets will get sick of having to shift it and "stock ice cream from providers that don't get involved in politics." 

These type of ‘activists’ rarely seem to do anything beyond claiming they’re going to do something on Twitter 

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s because he’s too short for a mugshot

Are we talking about the midget MF’er? 

( subtlety isn’t my forte to use the Italiano, or Francais, or am I wide of the Mark?) 

We could well end up with the same situation as Scotland with a u-turn on the grades. But obviously following a much more convoluted and expensive process which doesn’t involve anyone having to apologise or admit their errors. Or, equally, they could just stick their fingers up at the kids and do fuck all and hope it eventually blows over. 

Edited by Alex

They've put kids through the wringer for 4 days and now all the backbenchers are sacking up and tweeting about it. And it looks like the stupid cunts will now belatedly do the right thing. They fucking love being wrong for a bit. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Can anyone think of anything they’ve handled well? 

Rishi’s economic package was timely, which was a surprise given how incompetently they handled everything else. Though November still feels to soon to stop the furlough scheme. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s stopped sooner here than elsewhere and we pay the economic price 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Rishi’s economic package was timely, which was a surprise given how incompetently they handled everything else. Though November still feels to soon to stop the furlough scheme. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s stopped sooner here than elsewhere and we pay the economic price 

He didn’t really have any other option, though, and for self-employed, we had to tread water for three months until “the system” was ready. 
If only there’d been a ready-made pandemic plan in place, that wasn’t scrapped to concentrate on committing national economic suicide. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Threw contractors and newly self-employed under a bus. 

Also essential small businesses like the vet my lass works for doesn't get any nice reward for furloughing  staff as others will as he didn't need to which seems unfair. 

• Like 2

Flawed, yes, but I never expected a timely bailout package of that scale. I was still surprised that they did the right thing - it must be galling for so many core Tory voters. 

According to Independent Sage, local authority track and trace contacted 98% of contacts against 53% by Serco under this "success" of a boss - hence the "average" of 70-75%.

Crony privatisation trumps public common sense even when lives are at stake. 

• Like 1