Politics

Christmas Tree

Watching the Blair and Brown documentary. Whatever you think about New Labour now, what is undeniable is the calibre of politicians in Labour then was incredible compared to now. Then just 5 years after Brown we got Corbyn, and here we are. 

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Does the Tory party only exist nowadays to enable bent money to be laundered? 🤔

It always amazes me just how little money it takes to buy influence in the UK. There are third world countries where you have to pay millions to the right person but in this country all you have to do is donate tens of thousands to the Conservative Party.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Nick Robinson currently not taking any of Johnson's shit on Radio 4 right now.

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But Johnson pretty much ends up talking round him.

Same story with Marr on Sunday. He did a decent job, asked the right questions and pointed out where Johnson was lying but the PM is fully committed to the Trump strategy of talking over the interviewer and continuing to lie, even when his bullshit is laid bare before him.

9 hours ago, Renton said:

So i assume tomorrow he's going to be extolling the virtues of British butter. What about Wednesday,  Bring Back Botter? :gay:

Apologies Meenz. 

Nearly there...

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He literally said to him 'STOP TALKING. We're going to have questions and answers, not just you talking'. I don't think I've ever heard a PM spoken to in that manner.

class :lol:

• Haha 1

is the beeb fighting back?

marr and robinson holding the PM to account in separate combative interviews, while sunak's conference speech was followed by the pandora files investigation linking the corruption to - the conservative party

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is the beeb fighting back?

marr and robinson holding the PM to account in separate combative interviews, while sunak's conference speech was followed by the pandora files investigation linking the corruption to - the conservative party

The Pandora files investigation was a massive international collaboration, the timing of its release was nothing to do with the Tory conference.

And I think Marr and Robinson's approach was more to do with the fact that this PM very rarely submits himself to interviews so they're making the most of their opportunity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The Pandora files investigation was a massive international collaboration, the timing of its release was nothing to do with the Tory conference.

And I think Marr and Robinson's approach was more to do with the fact that this PM very rarely submits himself to interviews so they're making the most of their opportunity.

(led by the bbc and guardian in the UK)

obviously the timing of the publication had nothing to do with the tory conference, but i heard it was the lead item on the news at six yesterday, right after sunak's big speech.