Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There are now multiple different kinds of rainbow flag in circulation to signify various gender and sexual orientations. I'm in no way familiar enough with them to know which one this represents, but presumably it's a fairly broad one for the trans community in general.

Okay. This is all a bit mad, isn't it? Fairly sure a lot of this stuff is entirely counter-productive too. I'm aware there's been threads on here about it, just not something I'm ever going to want to engage with though. 

It's excessive from the outside looking in but I don't really think it's counter-productive; you don't tend to see trans issues getting anyone except the media and radical feminists worked up tbh.

Maybe it's useful to the people living that reality though.

Even if it is though, I don't know what bearing that has on infrastructure and traffic systems. It's just going to cause confusion more than anything else.

Was thinking about it and Labour winning the popular vote and the tories being the biggest party would probably be the best thing that could happen. It would highlight the absurdity of the FPTP system and as others have said, only the Ulster Unionists would even think about a coalition with the Conservatives. I think there’d be a real appetite for some form of PR from the general public 

• Like 1

:lol:

I really hope she's the fucking president one day. Took a while to win me around but she appears to be an actual human being, which must be a first in American politics. Maybe even politics in general.

Paul Scully, the Minister for Small Business went on GMB this morning and tried to just casually mention Starmer and the leader of the Lib Dems in the whole second job thing, citing Starmer's legal work and Davey's consultancy.

When challenged on whether he was saying either of these had broken the rules in carrying out this work, his response was to say "no but the point I'm making is that we need to be careful that people just see these clickbait headlines and don't read the substance and therefore just draw conclusions from the headline."

Which was EXACTLY what he'd just been caught doing. :lol:

Just chucking Starmer and Davey's name out there and hoping nobody queried him on the detail, and just assumed they were bad lads too. 

Fair play to Baps McGee Susanna for going some way to pointing it out. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Paul Scully, the Minister for Small Business went on GMB this morning and tried to just casually mention Starmer and the leader of the Lib Dems in the whole second job thing, citing Starmer's legal work and Davey's consultancy.

When challenged on whether he was saying either of these had broken the rules in carrying out this work, his response was to say "no but the point I'm making is that we need to be careful that people just see these clickbait headlines and don't read the substance and therefore just draw conclusions from the headline."

Which was EXACTLY what he'd just been caught doing. :lol:

Just chucking Starmer and Davey's name out there and hoping nobody queried him on the detail, and just assumed they were bad lads too. 

Fair play to Baps McGee Susanna for going some way to pointing it out. 

Apparently Starmer no longer practises law but the (completely within the rules) earnings related to something like £100,000 over the course of 4 years. It might actually backfire using the likes of him as deflection. Because if it’s all out there in the limelight the Tories are going to look a whole lot worse. 

• Like 2

It's going to he a shit winter for millions. Most people are looking at at least 2 years worsening living standards. NHS in perpetual crisis. Etc. Can Johnson turn this around. Let's hope he can't, the corrupt cunt.

• Like 2

Anybody seen this? Can it be applied retrospectively? Anybody potentially affected. Why anybody would vote for this lot is beyond me, even more so anybody aged less than 40. Come on kids, get engaged and get rid of these cunts.

This is one of those thing where off the wall thinking could be considered - I remember before British Gas was privatised arguing with someone that reducing gas prices by the 4bn profit they were making would do more good than just taking that money into government coffers. 

I know going beyond messing with thresholds, in the US there's a debate about cancelling student debt and I'd like to know how a cost/benefit exercise would work out either here or there in terms of extra spending in the economy. 

I know when Corbyn wanted to cancel tuition fees there were arguments about intergenerational fairness but I think big picture thinking for a better future should apply. I'm sure those who did pay would see their kids gaining as a positive - unless they're tory cunts of course. 

• Like 1

Yeah that'll catch me, I racked up £20k of debt due to taking a 4 year course and coming from a financially challenged background (they gave extra allowances for that sort of thing back then).

So that's another £500 a year on top of everything else. Nice.

I'm actually fine with paying student debt (to the reasonable levels I had no, not the insane ones of today) but I'd rather not take another hit to the wallet given how unstable my work tends to be and how many other hits are presently landing.