Politics

Christmas Tree

It's definitely Johnson. It's mental how much he seems to believe he can get away with anything. The great news for Labour is I don't think that will have change, even now. 

This is how he's lived his entire life. 

• Like 1

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later that debt is paid.

I know I've used that quote a few times now, from the end of Chernobyl, but I really believe it's true. Johnson's debt to the truth is off the scale now, he has nowhere left to run or hide, including in a fridge or Nothimbrian hospital. Whether he'll be accountable for the damage he's done is another thing. I don't believe in karma unfortunately. 

• Like 1

HS2 east leg and the new transpennine line both being scrapped. Levelling down indeed. 

The government has refused to confirm or deny reports that it will finally cancel plans for the HS2 link to Leeds this week, and instead fund a hodgepodge of disparate projects which favour Conservative constituencies and leave mysterious gaps in the rail network.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/14/government-to-finally-drop-plan-for-hs2-link-to-leeds-reports

Edited by Renton

Lad at work via social media, sound lad to talk to, get on with etc but obviously down the Facebook immigration/woke bollocks when you see his odd RTs  etc. Anyway, Seeing a few bits where Johnson is absolutely not flavour of the month, somehow they're fucked off with him as he's betrayed them as well! Just a snapshot obviously but the knives are out but which came first? Negative coverage from normally reliable sources or previous 'Boris' fans losing their patience? Is one predominantly driving the other?

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Lad at work via social media, sound lad to talk to, get on with etc but obviously down the Facebook immigration/woke bollocks when you see his odd RTs  etc. Anyway, Seeing a few bits where Johnson is absolutely not flavour of the month, somehow they're fucked off with him as he's betrayed them as well! Just a snapshot obviously but the knives are out but which came first? Negative coverage from normally reliable sources or previous 'Boris' fans losing their patience? Is one predominantly driving the other?

As has been said, ultimately the driving force behind getting rid of him will be the Tory party themselves, along with the Daily Mail. But I agree for red wallers in particular he has a massive credibility problem. It's becoming clear levelling up isn't happening bar some pork barrel gestures in the Tees valley and Ashington. Everybody is getting poorer and it is becoming very noticeable (I was quite shocked at the price increases in Morrisons at the weekend which were 25% on some products, not that they had much stock). And as for keeping brown people out, I think the penny is dropping as well, Brexit has made things much worse. 

• Like 1

There's nowt worse than Bill Cash. I'd forgotten about this prick. He's as boring on Paterson as he was every time he got up to speak on Brexit. 

He should be boring the fuck off people at a Parish Council meeting, not sitting as an MP. 

Somebody made the point earlier on twitter that all MPs should be introduced with their constituency name attached. Just so we know where the cunts live that elected the twat that's speaking. 

• Like 1

It’s funny when some Tories have said that MPs not being allowed to have a second job might result in lots of them leaving the Commons. I.e. as though it’s a bad thing 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

it'll depend how the press portray it as to whether they get credit. 

Totally Johnson’s idea…

Boris Johnson proposes ban on MPs working as paid consultants as Labour outlines plan https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59311003

edit; they’ve since changed the banner of the piece to “Johnson follows Labour call to ban MP paid advisor jobs” from the original I quoted above. 

I blame @Dr Gloom and his itk mate.