Politics

Christmas Tree

I think this is quite staged….first there’ll be bluster and denial and then some further evidence will come out. 

There’s a reason they’ve sat on this so long 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

So there are accusations of three parties now? Including one in his own flat. I can’t see him surviving this if true.

Especially because he’ll deny it and make it even more of story 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I think this is quite staged….first there’ll be bluster and denial and then some further evidence will come out. 

There’s more to come out like, definitely 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

That’s precisely why Blackford’s accustation came at the end in a point of order rather than in his first question. Someone wanted to give Johnson enough rope to hang himself.

He'd throw any fucker under the bus, completely within character. Should be noted that Stratton and the rest of the fuckin cretins in that room were literally practising lying about what Johnson has been lying about for about a week now....its a question who in the Tory party  actually now thinks he's an asset in any way...

• Like 2

So the contention is that junior staff members banded together to have a party at No. 10 without his knowledge, or the knowledge of anyone who had his ear. This is the place where he works/lives/whatever day to day. And he didn't know about it. They just did it on their own without anyone saying anything.

Is that really what he's saying?

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So the contention is that junior staff members banded together to have a party at No. 10 without his knowledge, or the knowledge of anyone who had his ear. This is the place where he works/lives/whatever day to day. And he didn't know about it. They just did it on their own without anyone saying anything.

Is that really what he's saying?

That's what he's hypothetically saying.

But what really boils Boris's piss apparently isn't the hypothetical party but the press conference rehearsal of answering questions about the hypothetical party. Heads will roll for that. 

The inquiry will only cover the single event on Dec 18th. The other parties that have been floated by the likes of Cummins are being ignored. For now. 

I have to imagine there's more evidence due to come out on all of this stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The inquiry will only cover the single event on Dec 18th. The other parties that have been floated by the likes of Cummins are being ignored. For now. 

I have to imagine there's more evidence due to come out on all of this stuff. 

That's the quandary they're in. If junior staff are sacked over this party then they may well be inclined to spill the beans on the other parties.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's the quandary they're in. If junior staff are sacked over this party then they may well be inclined to spill the beans on the other parties.

££££ & NDA+ "Give it 18 momths to blow over, we'll have you back at HQ , no dramas Tarquin 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Now they won't confirm that the bloke running the inquiry wasn't himself at the party. :lol:

Would we know by now if Johnson was there, or his missus?...she's fairly certain to have been...Will there be pics to finish him off on Sunday? 🤔

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Now they won't confirm that the bloke running the inquiry wasn't himself at the party. :lol:

He can either run the enquiry or supply the guest list.

Does anyone else feel slightly uneasy, disturbed, that these morons are running the country? It's incredible. In my professional life I meet all sorts of intelligent and capable people, just doing their jobs, usually very well. Yet somehow we have ended up in a situation where these Eton morons who wouldn't get on Golgafrincham Ark Fleet Ship B are running things? 

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

"Born to rule" is still very much a thing in this country, sadly. That said, how many smart and compassionate people would choose to go into politics anyway?

Honestly, I naively believed we had passed that point in history when Thatcher, Major, Blair, and Brown became PM. All people from middle class rather than ruling class backgrounds. How wrong I was. 

Allegra Stratton gone. Problem solved then. 

• Like 1