Politics

Christmas Tree

The ideal situation for me here would be for the Gray enquiry to be inconclusive, but then Cummins the Cunt coming out with incontrovertible evidence that discredits both Johnson and the enquiry. That would finish the government. It wqouldn't surprise me either, he was in the heart of government at the time and presumably would have gathered ammunition, just biding his time.  

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This only goes one of two ways now

1 - Reynolds chucks Boris under the bus by saying he DID know about the party in advance and was warned against it

2 - Reynolds takes the rap for Boris and becomes the fall guy for the whole thing 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

1 - Reynolds chucks Boris under the bus by saying he DID know about the party in advance and was warned against it

2 - Reynolds takes the rap for Boris and becomes the fall guy for the whole thing 

I’d be taking a cardboard box to graft today if I was Reynolds, then. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Except Johnson made the rules so it's hardly credible he needed someone else to explain them back to him, is it? I am sure Reynolds will go next but this time it really won't wash. There's only so many bodies you can throw in front of the bus until the wheels become jammed. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I'm gonna introduce his completely normal "FROM THE PRIME MINISTER DOWN" delivery into my every day interactions with people. 

This is where politicians make themselves look like idiots. Instead of squirming out of it just say ‘yes, if the Prime Minister is convicted of a criminal offence he should step down’, while knowing he’ll never be convicted of anything. What the Saj has done is make himself look untrustworthy.

They’ve played this terribly badly. In light of what’s happened before it’s conceivable it could’ve gone away, especially if they’d admitted it and apologised for making an error of judgement earlier. 
This idea of an enquiry to kick it into the long grass and so they could keep trotting out the line that they need to wait for the result of the enquiry is just prolonging everything, keeping it on the front pages and simultaneously making everyone in the cabinet look ridiculous. When you think about what has gone on it’s relatively trivial but it has absolutely caught the attention of the public and they just keep digging and digging. 
It’s exactly what they deserve. Johnson will cling on for dear life and keep making it worse too. His ego trumps everything else. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

I don't understand this from the Tories at all. They must know by now that Johnson is a total liability, surely this is the perfect moment to bin him.

The fact that the aren't doing that can only possibly mean that they're entirely devoid of any wider ideas, strategy, or vision. What is it about him that inspires so much loyalty?

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't understand this from the Tories at all. They must know by now that Johnson is a total liability, surely this is the perfect moment to bin him.

The fact that the aren't doing that can only possibly mean that they're entirely devoid of any wider ideas, strategy, or vision. What is it about him that inspires so much loyalty?

You're answering you're own question again. He expunged the parliamentary party of any dissenting voices. All they are left with is a useless bunch of sycophants who have no ideas or plans for the future. Blair actually made thispoint today and he's right. I mean politicians of all creeds in the UK can be accused of short-termism but with Johnson its taken to new levels, endless day to day fire fighting. 

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think its 2 things mainly:

1. He is proven to be comfortable with following whatever strategy is needed to win a vote, including deception. That's both Brexit campaign and the leadership / Tory general election landslide. He can win elections , even now - It's a sorry state of affairs for the UK, but for me  - it's been like this for a decade , every GE I think "after X ... there's no chance they'll vote them back in".

2. Every single member of the cabinet, would be absolutely nowhere bloody near it, if it wasn't for the collapse of Theresa May during the never ending Brexit fiasco and he won loyalty from a lot of MP's in the "Red Wall" who thought they had no chance . 

Personally, and I hope I'm wrong - but I can see him continuing on , no matter what and winning the next GE. I bet loads of Tories do too.

Just look what's happened over the past 2 years - an open ally of Trump he went down the dismissal route when the WHO called the world to arms and pretty much killed thosands of people in the name of GDP. He's bulletproof. The good law project even won a legal case that PPE contracts were given , illegally, using public money BREAKING: High Court finds Government PPE ‘VIP’ lane for politically connected suppliers ‘unlawful’ (goodlawproject.org)

No criminal charges and apparently no punishment.

5 hours ago, Renton said:

There's no reasons we can't vaccinate ourselves fully and also donate to developing countries, that's a false argument imo. The booster jab was pretty essential against omicron, thousands more would have died in the UK without it. But we still have stockpiles we could give away. I suspect for Pfizer and to a lesser extent Moderna logistics will be a huge problem mind. 

I don't know what to say about anxiety issues. It's a virtually painless procedure which might save your life. I'm not a psychologist. Mind, I guess genuine anxiety issues on this are rare. I've already said the vaccines won't be as effective in older and immunocompromised populations. But you said these people are being stigmatised, when this just isn't the case. The only people being stigmatised are anti-vax nutters like Asprilla, and I'm fine with that. 

what a sad little twat you are 😂

sorry for double posting , but here's a blatent example of the media rallying to help.

Last week when he was under fire, he disappeared and sent the Paymaster general to answer questions. He's reported to have laid down in the back of his chauffer driven car to avoid the media.

Now the papers are running stories that his infant child was seriously ill with a covid infection..

Utter utter bollocks - but it works. Same as saying "there's no credible opposition" when they have zero credibility and all opposition that is democratically voted in,  is opposition, whether they say so or not.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I'm the twat. :lol:

You really are.

just cause you’re in a little bubble here doesn’t mean to say you’re right.

I love that I get under your skin though

how old are you again?

4 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I think its 2 things mainly:

1. He is proven to be comfortable with following whatever strategy is needed to win a vote, including deception. That's both Brexit campaign and the leadership / Tory general election landslide. He can win elections , even now - It's a sorry state of affairs for the UK, but for me  - it's been like this for a decade , every GE I think "after X ... there's no chance they'll vote them back in".

2. Every single member of the cabinet, would be absolutely nowhere bloody near it, if it wasn't for the collapse of Theresa May during the never ending Brexit fiasco and he won loyalty from a lot of MP's in the "Red Wall" who thought they had no chance . 

Personally, and I hope I'm wrong - but I can see him continuing on , no matter what and winning the next GE. I bet loads of Tories do too.

Just look what's happened over the past 2 years - an open ally of Trump he went down the dismissal route when the WHO called the world to arms and pretty much killed thosands of people in the name of GDP. He's bulletproof. The good law project even won a legal case that PPE contracts were given , illegally, using public money BREAKING: High Court finds Government PPE ‘VIP’ lane for politically connected suppliers ‘unlawful’ (goodlawproject.org)

No criminal charges and apparently no punishment.

He's not bullet proof man. At the minute he looks like he's a victim of the St Valentine's day massacre.

Can't remember who pointed out the tweet yesterday (I think), but also lets dispel this myth that he is some kind of electoral genius. He beat Ken Livingstone twice to become London Mayor, which is really quite a trivial position (and he messed up on that numerous times). Then he beat Jeremy fucking Corbyn to "get Brexit done", which is a one time trick with no replay value. I can tell you I had to hold my nose voting for Corbyn and I'm pretty much solid Labour. 

The emperor has no clothes. I'll be amazed if he fights let alone wins another GE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asprilla said:

Aye, and I'm the twat. This is the epitome of being a twat. I don't get the mindset at all tbh, but whatever floats your boat. 

Just now, Asprilla said:

You really are.

just cause you’re in a little bubble here doesn’t mean to say you’re right.

how old are you again?

I wouldn't call the vast majority of the country who think Anti-vaxx is madness "a bubble".

I can sympathise with it in the very early days "new technology" and all that - but the fact that hundreds of millions aren't dying of their immune systems attacking themselves , or 5G radiation or whatever, the window has passed.

What bugs me personally, is why not just be honest about why you dont want to take it. Technically it's your body and your choice what to do with it ; but backing up your own reservations or fears with "I'm not scared of Covid" , "Its just a cold" , "Its an experimental drug" (like its the first time we've tried vaccination), "Bill gates microchip" etc etc etc ..... Why? That's potentially actually harming other people who buy that crap, just so you dont have to be honest about having vulnerabilities or fears.

I think its perfectly normal for many people to not want to be injected - many people routinely faint or get hyper anxious around needles. Thats a decent reason to share, not "I'm not scared, I'm a warrior - now lets go burn down some masts, or rally without vaccines, masks or anything and say its all a conspiracy".

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's not bullet proof man. At the minute he looks like he's a victim of the St Valentine's day massacre.

Can't remember who pointed out the tweet yesterday (I think), but also lets dispel this myth that he is some kind of electoral genius. He beat Ken Livingstone twice to become London Mayor, which is really quite a trivial position (and he messed up on that numerous times). Then he beat Jeremy fucking Corbyn to "get Brexit done", which is a one time trick with no replay value. I can tell you I had to hold my nose voting for Corbyn and I'm pretty much solid Labour. 

The emperor has no clothes. I'll be amazed if he fights let alone wins another GE. 

how is he still there then? That's pretty bulletproof to me. He's a proven liar, racist , documented as burning a 50 pound note in front of a homeless person who "asked for change" during his time in the Bullingdon club , LIED to the QUEEN! How the fuck he gets away with it I dont know, but the public vote for it , because, unfortunately a majority are hoodwinked to blame everything , not on the controlling class system , but immigrants, unemployed, EU regulations etc.

He won the Brexit referendum too remember, then ran away the next day as he didnt' expect a victory and had no plan.

7 minutes ago, scoobos said:

sorry for double posting , but here's a blatent example of the media rallying to help.

Last week when he was under fire, he disappeared and sent the Paymaster general to answer questions. He's reported to have laid down in the back of his chauffer driven car to avoid the media.

Now the papers are running stories that his infant child was seriously ill with a covid infection..

Utter utter bollocks - but it works. Same as saying "there's no credible opposition" when they have zero credibility and all opposition that is democratically voted in,  is opposition, whether they say so or not.

I wasn't even aware of his kid having it until you mentioned. Seems to be the usual media outlets - Mail, Express, Telegraph and Sun. Nothing on the BBC today (listening to R4 and R5). So at best that is preaching to the converted nut also, its the same group he has mortally offended as No. 10 partied while Philip was cold in the casket. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobos said:

how is he still there then? That's pretty bulletproof to me. He's a proven liar, racist , documented as burning a 50 pound note in front of a homeless person who "asked for change" during his time in the Bullingdon club , LIED to the QUEEN! How the fuck he gets away with it I dont know, but the public vote for it , because, unfortunately a majority are hoodwinked to blame everything , not on the controlling class system , but immigrants, unemployed, EU regulations etc.

He won the Brexit referendum too remember, then ran away the next day as he didnt' expect a victory and had no plan.

Agreed, but he'll get his comeuppance very soon imo. Well no, he won't, he'll end up with another cushy number, but at least we won't need to see the fat mess again.