Politics

Christmas Tree

What is even the point in bringing these people onto the show, it always goes like this. None of them can speak on behalf of the PM, they don't have the details, blah blah, what is the fucking point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is even the point in bringing these people onto the show, it always goes like this. None of them can speak on behalf of the PM, they don't have the details, blah blah, what is the fucking point.

At least it makes them look like idiots and provides more rope for the mass gallows that's coming. Also they must hate it, so that's good. Problem is that hardly any people listen to the Today show to expose what lying cunts they are. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Dominic Raab as Justice Minister has quite a neck of him to complain about the falling levels of convictions. Maybe this might give him a clue as to where the blame lies.

image.png.12ac1d27c89574ab713ae4a5815c4b69.png

They really are disgusting. They've been underfunding and attacking the legal system throughout their tenure. Johnson even regards describing Starmer as a lawyer as an insult. Compare and contrast what Starmer has done in his career with Johnson. Then factor in their backgrounds. And while I'm on it, I thought Starmer was superb yesterday, he systematically destroyed Johnson from the dispatch box and shamed the tories behind him. It was a master class. A leader in waiting imo. I'd like to hear what his detractors thought of it, @NJS for example. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Dominic Raab as Justice Minister has quite a neck of him to complain about the falling levels of convictions. Maybe this might give him a clue as to where the blame lies.

Fucking hell that's atrocious.  But are we surprised? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

They really are disgusting. They've been underfunding and attacking the legal system throughout their tenure. Johnson even regards describing Starmer as a lawyer as an insult. Compare and contrast what Starmer has done in his career with Johnson. Then factor in their backgrounds. And while I'm on it, I thought Starmer was superb yesterday, he systematically destroyed Johnson from the dispatch box and shamed the tories behind him. It was a master class. A leader in waiting imo. I'd like to hear what his detractors thought of it, @NJS for example. 

Re Starmer I thought he started slowly, but recently he's been on the ball.  Yesterday like you said was brilliant.

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

He was fantastic but I still feel once this settles down (it shouldn't but will) the polls will narrow unless Labour offer a decent vision which isn't "we're tories but decent". 

Especially if they bin Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

He was fantastic but I still feel once this settles down (it shouldn't but will) the polls will narrow unless Labour offer a decent vision which isn't "we're tories but decent". 

Especially if they bin Johnson. 

I don't disagree but I think we're not at this stage yet in the election cycle, particularly given we are emerging from the pandemic and the Brexshit consequences are only now being realised. I am confident he will have a manifesto, hopefully it will have elements that will appeal to both left and right parts of the party without alienating Joe Public. Not an easy task, obviously. 

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

The scary thing about this is, when he inevitably loses his seat, he will probably have to go back to his day job as a teacher. 

Animated GIF

He was a teacher? 

Private schools, presumably? 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Last school was a state funded academy. He himself is of course privately educated. 

Just looked at his wiki. 

he described the pupils he was responsible for as head of year as "probably happy to see me go"

At least he knows he’s a cunt. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

And to continue with the Savile theme, remember when Johnson said that investigating historical sexual abuse cases was spaffing money up the wall? And then there is this:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Won't go to court if they accept the fine apparently. 

Been thinking about this...think you're right , but the fellah who sent the "bring a bottle" email, if he's deemed to be the organiser he's likely to be in court and get a proper fine rather than basically a parking ticket?..