Politics

Christmas Tree

He still thinks he’s done nothing wrong. He’s as big a cunt as Johnson iyam. I doubt he has or had any master plan about how to solve issues over Ireland etc created by Brexit. But he can pretend it’s all someone else’s fault and that he could’ve sorted it. I’m all for him bringing Johnson down out of pure spite though. Although I don’t think many people give a fuck what he says any more. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

He still thinks he’s done nothing wrong. He’s as big a cunt as Johnson iyam. I doubt he has or had any master plan about how to solve issues over Ireland etc created by Brexit. But he can pretend it’s all someone else’s fault and that he could’ve sorted it. I’m all for him bringing Johnson down out of pure spite though. Although I don’t think many people give a fuck what he says any more. 

They're both monumental cunts. However whatever you say about Johnson, he's at least predictable. Cummings however....

I know someone who knows and has worked with Cummings. 

Our conversations always go... 

Him: I know you don't like him, but honestly, he's a genius... 

Me: He's not. He's a cunt, fuck off with that shit. 

And that's the end of that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Have a very low opinion of Cummings but am completely prepared to believe everything he's set out there since it's so in character for Johnson. Lying to everyone in order to prevent competent power circles forming around him. That's Johnson's time in politics in a single sentence if I ever saw it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's what Cummings does. He isn't the genius he thinks he is. He's an arsonist. All he's good for is burning shit down. He has absolutely no idea how to build anything.

Summed up perfectly. He's a class A cunt. And not someone you'd want to stand near in battle, fuck knows who he'd shoot.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know someone who knows and has worked with Cummings. 

Our conversations always go... 

Him: I know you don't like him, but honestly, he's a genius... 

Me: He's not. He's a cunt, fuck off with that shit. 

And that's the end of that. 

I have become really suspicious of the word 'genius' in general tbh. No genius is out there mixed up in politics ffs. They're all working for NASA or scientific research, not getting into bed with Boris Johnson to do one of the most illogical and irrational things this country has managed. Cummings was and is entirely motivated by the giant chip on his shoulder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's what Cummings does. He isn't the genius he thinks he is. He's an arsonist. All he's good for is burning shit down. He has absolutely no idea how to build anything.

I think he's in to eugenics isn't he? Building the master race (not even joking). 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Andy Cohen Wtf GIF by loveconnectionfox

:D I had no idea what their policies were and was so unengaged that I'm not totally sure I had much of a concept of 'Labour' at that point. But at an all boys school it was all about fake bravado and the Tories were where that was at.

Don't worry, I was quickly disabused of it and have never actually voted for them ;) 

Neither Johnson nor Cummings should have ever been within a mile of Downing St. 

Both cunts of the highest order, and it’s lovely seeing the one eviscerating the other. 
I think Cummings believes he’s seen as some kind of saviour by doing this- he’s merely proving what a dishonourable weasel he is, but I hope he keeps dropping the bombs. 

• Like 3

Ewerk sums him up quite beautifully. He engineered Brexit then fucked off to let someone else deal with it. 

Also, he was right at the centre of an absolutely catastrophic response to COVID (especially as we had the advantage of being an island, having forewarnings as we were several weeks behind some other countries). And is he remotely contrite? No, his view is he saved the country from it being worse by avoiding a Corbyn government and a second referendum. Also, he thinks he looks good in SuperDry jogging pants 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You’re kidding? 
Eugenics, that was discredited in the 1930s? 

Genius. 

We just don't get it because we're not "rational" - "rational" people can see the arguments for Eugenics, Brexit, breaking lockdown protocols by driving in order to test your eyes, screaming at MPs on the steps of Westminster, live tweeting about political scandals unfolding like a giddy infant on Christmas day, etc. These are things "rational" people understand, and we mere mortals, irrational as we are, just can't see the greater truth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You’re kidding? 
Eugenics, that was discredited in the 1930s? 

Genius. 

Might be a bit strong but there was an interview with a geneticist yesterday who brought up the fact that Cummings believed we could improve population intelligence by embryo selection. That's more than the thin end of the wedge for me. I've not looked into it further but a quick google gives shit loads of hits. Btw, I don't think he is a genius either, I think he got lucky. 

• Like 1

It’s a bit like viewing Johnson as a campaigning genius. Rather than recognising he came up against a Corbyn led opposition in an era where people vote for celebrities 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

It’s a bit like viewing Johnson as a campaigning genius. Rather than recognising he came up against a Corbyn led opposition in an era where people vote for celebrities 

Off the back of the dismal effort from May too.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

And Livingstone before him. Also he had adopted the Trump handbook by 2019. You have to be an idiot not to see through him, but then there are many idiots around. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Posted this on my insta. My tory voting sister replied saying 'levelling up wankers load of shit' when i pointed out she voted for them he reply was 'they're all the same' 

Very common problem tbh - what that response basically says is "I'm not going to own this bad decision I made, so instead I'm going to pretend that no decision would have changed anything at all rather than accept that I made a mistake".

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Posted this on my insta. My tory voting sister replied saying 'levelling up wankers load of shit' when i pointed out she voted for them he reply was 'they're all the same' 

FKlCfpLXoAIBSI-.jpeg

Remind her that Gove, the slime in charge of this, had this to say in his younger days. 
“We are at last experiencing a new empire, an empire where the happy south stamps over the cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner. At last Mrs Thatcher is saying I don't give a fig”

All in jest, though, according to him. 

😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Remind her that Gove, the slime in charge of this, had this to say in his younger days. 
“We are at last experiencing a new empire, an empire where the happy south stamps over the cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner. At last Mrs Thatcher is saying I don't give a fig”

All in jest, though, according to him. 

😉

All part of the cut and thrust of politics, iirc