Politics

Christmas Tree

What a cock end ...

Tory MP who sparked fury after saying Britons should be 'able to feed themselves for 30p' had claimed £220,000 in expenses for one year alone, IPSA figures reveal

Ashfield MP Lee Anderson says there's 'not this massive use for food banks' in UK

He suggests food bank use is from those who 'can't cook' and 'can't budget'

Last year he claimed £219,703.44 as business costs - higher than the average MP

Opposition MPs berate him for his 'cruel' comments during cost-of-living crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10806007/Tory-MP-faces-fury-claiming-people-use-food-banks-cook.html

• Jaysus... 1

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/12/hate-mail-death-threats-culture-war-matthew-katzman-cancelling-queen

Good article about a poor lad from the US who became public enemy number 1 for the daily mail a year or so ago when his college subcommittee voted on removing a picture of the queen and his name was appended to the document as an administrative formality due to his role in the committee setup. National media story, hate mail, death threats, eventually fled back to the states.

The UK is a fucking rabid country when it comes to the Royals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

PM to be fined then expect the UK to tear up the NI protocol before the weekend.

Yep. A trade war with Europe, just what we need as we are about to enter recession. So now we are all fucked because of a group of unionist nutters who believe the world is 6000 years old. But tbf to the tories, who could possibly have foreseen Brexit would cause problems in Ireland?

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is there anyone still out there who thinks that the Tories are competent with the economy? Surely that utter fabrication of reality is done now.

:CT:

Meanwhile hurray for levelling up!

For a fair proportion of the population now, there is no such thing as objective reality. All the tories need to do is lie, lie, and lie again, and they are kept in line. Unfortunately for the tories though, there's not enough of them. S of course a bit of electoral reform in the form of gerrymandering and voter suppression is urgently needed. 

At least it looks like a near impossibility Gove will ever get the top job, I genuinely think he is becoming unhinged.

But then, I bet my wife that Johnson would never be PM, so what do I know? (The forfeit was to bare my arse in Fenwick's window, fortunately for you all, like a tory MP, I am not a man of my word). 

• Haha 3

Also the 100 fines issued to Downing Street are a 'non-story' but in the next breath he's calling for Starmer & Rayner to resign over beergate, despite the fact no fines have been issued to them. The man's a fucking retard!

• Like 1

I was just thinking there, has there ever been more misleading names for political parties than the Democratic Unionist Party and Conservative and Unionist party? The former giving two fingers to a democratic vote and actually preventing NI having any governance, the latter intent or not arsed about splitting up the United Kingdom. Shit is well and truly hitting the fan, has Truss triggered article 16 yet? Or is she talking shite again.