Politics

Christmas Tree

"I am not an MP for any reason other than because God wants me to be. There is nothing I did that got me here; it is what God did. There is nothing amazing or special about me, I am just a conduit for God to use."

Burn the witch.

She won't complain. Gods will.

Must be the same thing when all these muslims kill each other. Its the will of allah, you can't argue with that.

In fact, aren't they doing each other a favour?

• 4 weeks later...

Yet again another brilliant budget from George.

Definitely restoring the health of this great country.

A+

So then. More austerity, increased projections on borrowing and a triple dip recession now appears to be inevitable. What's the current rating on the CT scale?

That argument was won months ago, the idiots who proclaimed spending had to be cut to reduce our borrowing requirements should now all see if that spending grows the economy it reduces borrowing. Cuts shrink the economy and increase out borrowing.

The most frustrating thing right now is every man and his dog is talking about the fiscal cliff thus acknowledging that Keynes works in reverse but inexplicably can't join the logical dots and see therefore it must work the other way round. If fiscal cliffs exist then so do fiscal stimuli. It's so obvious yet no one says it.

So then. More austerity, increased projections on borrowing and a triple dip recession now appears to be inevitable. What's the current rating on the CT scale?

Deficit down

Employment highest on record

Created 1.2 million private sector jobs

Tackling welfare

Best corporate tax rates

Wealthy paying more than at any time under labour

Thousands more taken out of tax

Record pensions for oap's

And that's as I'm drifting off to sleep.

Life's tough thanks to Labour, but at least it's getting dealt with.

All of those are bare faced lies.

You really are an abysmally stupid cunt when it comes to politics.

And football.

And cooking.

And losing weight.

And spending fuck loads of money on hobbies that last 5 minutes.

A truly horrendous budget update from Osborne.

Yet another extra year of austerity. We will still be paying the price for the financial crisis of 2008 in 2018! This savage brand of austerity isn't working, growth forecasts have been revised down and now economists are predicting a triple dip recession.

Osborne knows he has some political leverage by going after the 'benefit scrounges' but this relentless and savage austerity will eventually start hurting middle income families. And the points Labour have been making all along since Brown was PM about the dangers of cutting so quickly might hit home with key swing voters just in time for the next election.

The irony about the deficit not rising as predicted is Osborne is banking the money from the 4g spectrum sale - which hasn't even happened yet!

Deficit down

Employment highest on record

Created 1.2 million private sector jobs

Tackling welfare

Best corporate tax rates

Wealthy paying more than at any time under labour

Thousands more taken out of tax

Record pensions for oap's

And that's as I'm drifting off to sleep.

Life's tough thanks to Labour, but at least it's getting dealt with.

So on a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with his performance?

Did anyone catch Danny Alexander on C4 news last night? Despite having his Labour equivalent sitting right beside him he refused to debate or interact with her in any way. Once again Gideon sent out the underling to take the flak on live TV.

So on a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with his performance?

Like you, I'm not really sure how anyone can really judge his / their performance considering the disaster they are trying to repair is pretty unique.

No one will ever be happy with the bit of austerity that effects them.

Probably the most unbiased observers are the markets who lend us money and decide whether we are a good risk or not.

One certainty however is that Labour do have a track record for fucking up the country's finances.

I would certainly dread to think what would happen if the idiots making up the current Labour front bench got in. Be like having the country run by the cast of rainbow.

I also know that it's a waste of time discussing this in here because so many are completely entrenched one way or the other.

Did anyone catch Danny Alexander on C4 news last night? Despite having his Labour equivalent sitting right beside him he refused to debate or interact with her in any way. Once again Gideon sent out the underling to take the flak on live TV.

Was it that scary eagle woman! :lol:

I'm sure they will and when they are announced on the six o'clock news as "bare faced lies" then I'll take note.

The six o clock news doesn't do that stuff. It reports what each side said. I'm sure they'll have had a labour no on saying it was lies.

BBC Shows like more or less, the today show or Panorama spend much more time investigating the truth behind the news reports.

If all your views come only from the flagship daily news show you're not a particularly well informed voter.

The six o clock news doesn't do that stuff. It reports what each side said. I'm sure they'll have had a labour no on saying it was lies.

BBC Shows like more or less, the today show or Panorama spend much more time investigating the truth behind the news reports.

If all your views come only from the flagship daily news show you're not a particularly well informed voter.

Bare faced lying in Parliament is quite a serious thing. I'm sure it will get to the 6 o clock news eventually.

Bare faced lying in Parliament is quite a serious thing. I'm sure it will get to the 6 o clock news eventually.

Are you suggesting the BBC six o clock news fact checks every politicians spin? They wouldn't have time to shit man.

:lol:

Aye, HSBC want what is best for the middle class, not their shareholders.

Thinking more of the rating agencies who decide what % we all borrow at.

I'm sure you understand that the vast repayments we make as a country would be seriously hit if the markets wernt confident.

Extra billions on higher interest rates would have to be cut from somewhere else in the public purse. (Something that directly effects us all, not just the middle classes).