Politics

Christmas Tree

Christ what a state. 

That’s enough for the vote of some morons though isn’t it? 

Thatcher & Churchill ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Getting back on topic, thought Reeves was good there. "We lead, they follow". Transparently true. Won't be spin like that by @Dr Gloom's MSM though. 

the MSM is mine and mine only, bitch!

• Haha 1

Johnson has just changed the ministerial code to say that a breach no longer always requires resignation. Whilst he's under investigation for a breach of the ministerial code. 

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Johnson has just changed the ministerial code to say that a breach no longer always requires resignation. Whilst he's under investigation for a breach of the ministerial code. 

Seriously?! 

Looks like it. However, also:

the new version of the code, like the old one, still says that lying to parliament should be a resignation offence. “Ministers who knowingly mislead parliament will be expected to offer their resignation to the prime minister,” it says.

Phew, just as well for Johnson there is no way he would lie to Parliament!

In all seriousness, he's shown time and time again that our non-written coda aren't worth the paper they're not written on in any case. 

Even if he wasn't guilty of a breach, why on earth would you consider changing the code whilst you're still under investigation? Utter fucking moron.

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s almost like Starmer did nothing wrong 

He escaped censure, so the implication from this twat is that he did. Which of course is the plan all along. 

• Like 1

No need to prolong this now that it's over in Johnson's eyes. It served its purpose by blunting Starmer's arguments briefly. Durham constabulary can stand down now.

Rigged system. They don't even care to keep it under wraps anymore. 

• Like 3

Must admit I'm quite worried by this and it's timing. Really does feel like we're moving into a very dark place. I've always hated Johnson but think I may have entirely underestimated his malevolence. 

• Like 2

I scrolled a few pages back. But - has anyone seen this?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1079310/Ministerial_Code.pdf

He's re-written the ministerial code - a new forward, saying something along the lines  of "this pandemic's been bad and people have made partisan complaints" and now an apology or loss of wages is appropriate.

Welcome to hell everyone, for the same reason millions of Americans supported trump - it seems that as a nation we cannot see what's in front of our face. He's easily as bad as Trump.

Can he still lead the party if he’s not an MP? 

Just wondering, in the event he lost his seat, whether he’d actually resign as leader if he didn’t have to? 

I’d assume they have to be (an MP), but I wouldn’t put anything past the skinbag. 

He’d lose the leadership if he lost the ejection anyway so it’s moot. But I’m not sure but I think you can be leader of the party but not the PM.