Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

OMG I posted that days ago.

This place is

R * I * D * I * C * U * L * O * U * S

Yeah and I don’t think it’s that big a story really. In that it should be but I don’t think it will be 

• Like 1

I said a while ago (I know many others have made the same point) that it's not the red wall that Johnson should fear losing, it's the shires and the blue wall. I'm beginning to think @Gemmill may have been right about something, for once.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Yeah and I don’t think it’s that big a story really. In that it should be but I don’t think it will be 

The "let the bodies pile high" quote was not denied from memory.

That Led by Donkeys tweet on the lies of Johnson before he became PM should be mandatory viewing. The fact he has had 5 children to woman he was not married to, whilst married to someone else, was amazing. I don't know why that simple fact doesn't resonate a bit more. If you betray your spouse like this, the worst way possible, how the fuck can anyone trust you. The comments from his school days, his Oxford Bullingdon days, twice sacked for lying, conspiracy to assault a person, domestic abuse against Carrie resulting in a police call out, rcist and xenophobic comments in the media, Accruri, et fucking cetera. It's literally mind boggling to me that anyone can think he's not a complete psychopathic cunt. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

I said a while ago (I know many others have made the same point) that it's not the red wall that Johnson should fear losing, it's the shires and the blue wall. I'm beginning to think @Gemmill may have been right about something, for once.

tenor.gif

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

The "let the bodies pile high" quote was not denied from memory.

That Led by Donkeys tweet on the lies of Johnson before he became PM should be mandatory viewing. The fact he has had 5 children to woman he was not married to, whilst married to someone else, was amazing. I don't know why that simple fact doesn't resonate a bit more. If you betray your spouse like this, the worst way possible, how the fuck can anyone trust you. The comments from his school days, his Oxford Bullingdon days, twice sacked for lying, conspiracy to assault a person, domestic abuse against Carrie resulting in a police call out, rcist and xenophobic comments in the media, Accruri, et fucking cetera. It's literally mind boggling to me that anyone can think he's not a complete psychopathic cunt. 

I've seen a meme quote that the problem isn't that his supporters don't know he's an itinerant liar, it's that they know and support him anyway. 

• Like 1

I'll believe it's over for Johnson when it actually is. We've been predicting his political demise for as long as he's been in office, and for that of his party even longer. They're a shrewd, conniving bunch of cunts who have no lower floor on depths they won't sink to in order to do whatever is necessary to cling onto power. While that could very easily spell the end of Johnson if he had lost their backing, it's not relevant while he holds the majority of them on side.

These are the people who forced through the hardest possible Brexit on a 2% majority. He'll cling on, his stooges will cling on, it's going to be a shitshow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Clinging onto power and keeping him in post are two opposing propositions.

Not necessarily for those doing it. The front benches and wider individuals actively "involved" in Johnson's government will be acutely aware that they'll never get this close to power again - because even by Tory standards, they are incompetent. In fact I'd wager the entire grouping of Tories who backed him will be made up of that contingent and Brexit ultras - neither of whom will drop him because of what they stand to lose themselves.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Not necessarily for those doing it. The front benches and wider individuals actively "involved" in Johnson's government will be acutely aware that they'll never get this close to power again - because even by Tory standards, they are incompetent. In fact I'd wager the entire grouping of Tories who backed him will be made up of that contingent and Brexit ultras - neither of whom will drop him because of what they stand to lose themselves.

Most of the front bench will fancy themselves for his job.

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Steve Baker, the ultimate Brexit Ultra, won't shut up about how he needs to fuck off, and as eberk says the cabinet want his job. 

It's just a matter of time now. There's by-election defeats and more embarrassment to come. Things are going to get even worse for Johnson this year and they'll get rid. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Steve Baker, the ultimate Brexit Ultra, won't shut up about how he needs to fuck off, and as eberk says the cabinet want his job. 

It's just a matter of time now. There's by-election defeats and more embarrassment to come. Things are going to get even worse for Johnson this year and they'll get rid. 

If they leave it too much longer they'll be in danger of costing themselves a clear run at the GE. I hope he hangs on long enough to lead them to total annihilation. For my two cents, he leaves after losing the next GE. I hope.

I don't much care if he goes now or not, although should it happen I would definitely revel in it.