Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

ECJ??? Are these fuckers really this thick or is it deliberate? 

Utterly fucking ignorant. The see the word 'European' and immediate claim Brexit nullified any jurisdiction. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is all they've got now like. Instead of governing, they are in a constant state of electoneering with nothing but wedge issues they've invented to campaign on. Currently the rail strike, Rwanda, and NI protocol. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard people say all politicians are the same or it doesn't matter who is in charge. It clearly does. This malignancy at the heart of government is destroying this country. Let's hope Gemmill is right and Johnson's time is nearly up. 

These situations that they're creating for themselves are ludicrous. They're getting themselves into unwinnable arguments as some sort of distraction tool, but you can't distract people from the fact that they can't feed their kids, or that their energy bills have trebled in the space of a year. 

This kind of shit might work when everything else is otherwise OK, but when people can't pay their electric bill, they don't give a fuck about who stopped a plane with a bunch of other poor people on it from going to Rwanda. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gemmill said:

These situations that they're creating for themselves are ludicrous. They're getting themselves into unwinnable arguments as some sort of distraction tool, but you can't distract people from the fact that they can't feed their kids, or that their energy bills have trebled in the space of a year. 

This kind of shit might work when everything else is otherwise OK, but when people can't pay their electric bill, they don't give a fuck about who stopped a plane with a bunch of other poor people on it from going to Rwanda. 

Fully agree, been saying for months it's not Pert Gate that will bring them down but cost of living. But the latter fucks us all unfortunately. 

It’s difficult when everything Labour comes out with is seen through the prism of a largely right-wing press. It’s disappointing but I can see why they often choose to say nothing 

So desperate not to fall into a tory trap they still are.

Having said that I felt getting Johnson huffing and puffing about Labour being on the union's side on the rail strike came across as completely desperate from him, he was so transparent. Maybe it is best not to say anything, just let the tories beach themselves. I don't know. 

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Don't worry, they will find a way to blame it on :

Johnny Foreigner
The EU
Terrorists (they've not used this for AGES now)
Lefties
Enemies of Democracy (this is the new one, imo. Hearing it a lot , its the new "Move on") The ECHR is apparently one now, for trying to force Pritti away from serving her electorate.
Communists
Tony Blair
Leyland

Seriously though, I fear they are going to use the RMT strike in a horrible way .... Yesterday , someone died at a tube station (suicide), which are notably less manned than a decade ago - today we've tories saying that Trains will be automated soon, so the workers better think themselves lucky ... Meanwhile, Pritti "can't put a price on a human life".

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Labour really need to work on their comms.

Or maybe not follow the Tory lead of hiring spokespeople.

Jesus, if you cant do "Public speaking" then you really shouldn't go for leader of a party - in a country who's electoral system has been eroded to an effective personality contest ...

7 hours ago, Renton said:

This is all they've got now like. Instead of governing, they are in a constant state of electoneering with nothing but wedge issues they've invented to campaign on. Currently the rail strike, Rwanda, and NI protocol. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard people say all politicians are the same or it doesn't matter who is in charge. It clearly does. This malignancy at the heart of government is destroying this country. Let's hope Gemmill is right and Johnson's time is nearly up. 

On cue, it's Labour's fault.

Aye good luck with that. Just further evidence that they're completely out of ideas. "Sir, it was HIM sir! It was the other boy!". Absolutely pathetic. 

The prolonged death throes of a government and possibly a party if they can't get past the cult of Johnson. 

16 hours ago, Renton said:

So desperate not to fall into a tory trap they still are.

Having said that I felt getting Johnson huffing and puffing about Labour being on the union's side on the rail strike came across as completely desperate from him, he was so transparent. Maybe it is best not to say anything, just let the tories beach themselves. I don't know. 

it's a tough one. you have to win votes from the racists to get back into power. 

but do we really want that kind of racist 

As I've said before the problem is once you win that power you have to think about retaining it which means keeping the racists/bigots happy. 

I know it's a simplistic statement but we'd be better off trying to change their minds rather than accepting it.