Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Grant Shapps on telly today saying "this is a stunt by the union and the Labour Party".

Theres enough fucking neck-ends that will believe it mind. 

I'm assuming Starmer has asked the shadow cabinet not to attend the picket lines to counter this narrative, but that seems to have backfired, so once again the tories are in control of it. Complete set up, p[art of operation save big dog before Tiverton. 

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

Meanwhile Starmer tells his front bench to stay off the pocket line.

It's cowardice like this that makes it so hard for me to consider him a decent leader

Tend to agree, he needs to face this head on. The Labour party have been running for too long now, time to fight back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have always said that anyone against unionized labor is either

a) a scumbag who has never done an honest day's work in his or her life or

b) someone who has been tricked/taken advantage of/brainwashed by scumbags from category A.

As a teacher in NYC I am required to be a union member and it's the best feeling there is. I get questions sometimes - "why do you think you're so special that you deserve time off, parental leave, class size limits, etc.?" No, moron, I'm NOT special at all. EVERY worker deserves those privileges and in an equitable society, would have them. The difference is that I have a union that fought for me to have those protections. "The teachers' union is only concerned with its members, not with the education of our children" is another common one that gets trotted out. Yes, no shit, fuckface. It's the teachers' union, not the students' union. It takes care of me so I can take care of the kids without having to worry about getting hurt on the job, screwed by an incompetent or malicious supervisor, losing my career because I had too many sick days, etc etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Tory HQ in overdrivr ae the moment. It's Labour's strike apparently, despite RMT not even being afilliated to the Labour party. We had Grant Schapps yesterday constantly quoting the average salary of train drivers, when train drivers aren't even striking (yet). This is what happens when lying is accepted as normal at the very top. The country burns.

Twitter should step in here and attach some sort of bullshit tag to the post but they won't. And yet if I call Brandon Lewis a lying fat cunt (which I'm about to do), I'll get banned from Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It's fucking unbelievable isn't it. Whoops I've shat the bed.. But in a hypothetical future, it was Dr Gloom who shat the bed.  

You can't trust that Gloomy

This from Sky News

A Network Rail employee who "works on the infrastructure daily" has been in touch to counter what he suggests are widespread misconceptions about the cause of this week's strikes.

The worker, who provided his name to Sky News but asked to remain anonymous, said the action was not primarily being driven by pay.

"The issue that I have is nothing to do with money," he said.

"Every reporter and news station across the country is just focusing on pay this strike is mainly about safety. Network Rail want to cut 2,000 operative jobs just on my route alone.

"They want all operatives across the country to be gone and replaced with a job role called assistant technician.

"The duties of this role would include traveling to various locations throughout the country in your own vehicle, therefore using more fuel and having to change your insurance policy to allow for business use therefore costing the worker more money.

"They also want to bring in cross-discipline working so they want staff to be able to work with various departments using skills that people have mastered over years of experience.

"However, they expect us to do their highly skilled work even though we are not trained to do the task.

"Network Rail wants to attack our pension scheme and make us work more weekends with reduced rest periods between shifts, therefore making staff more fatigued and increasing the risk of serious injury."

The worker went on to criticise Andrew Haines, Network Rail's chief executive.

"This is the man that claims we need to save money as the company has no money to give us a pay rise, while he sits there on his £635,000-a-year job," he said.

• Like 3

What Starmer was trying to avoid, happened anyway. Face the cunts down Keir. From interviews I have seen, your front bench is tearing strips out of the tories. You, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And meanwhile....; 

I was talking to my mum last night, and she is proof that this drip drip of propaganda from the tories, enabled by the BBC, has an effect. She doesn't read the Mail or any daily papers. But yesterday she started ranting about how much train drivers got paid, how we need to tighten our belts, and how much worse it was in the 70s. Since my Dad departed she has become incredibly susceptible to this (immigrants as well), no way would he have come out with that shit. It seems all the tory party care about is placating pensioners to me, they hate normal people who work, especially those who have families. She'll be okay on her triple locked pension though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

And meanwhile....; 

I was talking to my mum last night, and she is proof that this drip drip of propaganda from the tories, enabled by the BBC, has an effect. She doesn't read the Mail or any daily papers. But yesterday she started ranting about how much train drivers got paid, how we need to tighten our belts, and how much worse it was in the 70s. Since my Dad departed she has become incredibly susceptible to this (immigrants as well), no way would he have come out with that shit. It seems all the tory party care about is placating pensioners to me, they hate normal people who work, especially those who have families. She'll be okay on her triple locked pension though. 

that is the sort of move you would play if you were about to call a snap election 

Hmm, maybe. Makes sense, stoke up the division to number 11, and get it done before the shit storm of winter hits. And if they lose, it's somebody else's mess to clear up. 

the "Labour's strikes" is another "Labour's financial crisis".

i wouldn't bet against the british public being stupid enough to buy the bullshit once again 

Network Rail says it will start formal consultation on changes to working practices in its maintenance team next month.

After talks with the RMT ended without a breakthrough on Monday, it gave the union a letter saying the consultation would begin on 1 July and invited the union to take part.

The move represents an attempt to push through changes, whether or not the RMT agrees.

Network Rail says examples of the changes include using technology instead of people to do some safety inspections.

The reforms would mean cutting 1,800 jobs - but Network Rail insists much of this could be achieved by voluntary redundancy, while redeployment should mean "there will be a job for everyone that wants one".

Just now, trooper said:

Network Rail says it will start formal consultation on changes to working practices in its maintenance team next month.

After talks with the RMT ended without a breakthrough on Monday, it gave the union a letter saying the consultation would begin on 1 July and invited the union to take part.

The move represents an attempt to push through changes, whether or not the RMT agrees.

Network Rail says examples of the changes include using technology instead of people to do some safety inspections.

The reforms would mean cutting 1,800 jobs - but Network Rail insists much of this could be achieved by voluntary redundancy, while redeployment should mean "there will be a job for everyone that wants one".

Negotiation by press release; guaranteed good fath

3 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Meanwhile Starmer tells his front bench to stay off the pocket line.

It's cowardice like this that makes it so hard for me to consider him a decent leader

I don't know about this really. 

I think when the majority of the media is in the pocket of the tories (or vice versa) it's asking to be photoshopped / defamated.

This is the current government's mess and its down to them to sort it - I think that is actually a good stance , the only one that stands a chance of winning.

I'm not a voter who always votes the same party, I don't really have loyalty that way (but I've never voted Conservative!) - but I've seen that its alarmingly easy for the PM to make Trump like statements and they stick. E.G Saville, Cpt Hindsight, "You tried to keep us in lockdown" etc etc.

I was VERY involved and anxious with the Covid outbreak , I left my contract and volunteered for the NHS and was kicked back , so went to Scotland instead to build their contact tracing response - so every day I was listening to the Scottish gvt then watching PMQs on the wednesdays. Never ONCE did Starmer attack Boris's shit covid strategy without saying "You should be doing this".  There was foresight , not hindsight at all - yet its been totally twisted and Boris will quote something starmer said in June 2020 and make out he said it in January 2022 and it STICKS.

Best example I can remember is during the lockdown when contact tracing was being built and we refused to use the "open source / free" app , or give it to NHS Digital (who weren't even asked to tender btw) instead opting to farm it out at great cost :

Starmer said "We cannot look at lifting lockdown without a working contact tracing system, why didnt we use the global app like Germany et al - are you really confident you are going to have a working app ready before lifting lockdown on date x"

"Yes, of course, it will be world beating"

And we all know what happened.

I know that we've lost 10's of thousands of people that needn't have - and Starmer, Sturgeon et al were completely right with FORESIGHT.

So yes, keeping out of it and letting the stupid fuckers fall on their own sword is probably a good option, given that if you tell them how to do it , they will use it and make out it was their idea and its easy with hindsight.

End todays rant :D #dailyrant

• Like 2