Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Twitter should step in here and attach some sort of bullshit tag to the post but they won't. And yet if I call Brandon Lewis a lying fat cunt (which I'm about to do), I'll get banned from Twitter. 

Not that it’s going to happen but a mass boycott of Twitter would be great. It’s a fucking cesspit iyam 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

What Starmer was trying to avoid, happened anyway. Face the cunts down Keir. From interviews I have seen, your front bench is tearing strips out of the tories. You, not so much.

You know, I've lived in some "less developed" countries and if you did this is them, you would go to prision.

You cannot use doctored images to attack political opposition
You cannot use political images outside of an election campaign, unless it only includes your own party.

This is absolutely outrageous and backs exactly what I said earlier today - the papers / media are outrageously biased and once again allowing or using photoshopped images. Wasn't there one as Corbyn as a chicken, never in a million years would that be allowed in most democracies.

She's a cunt to anyone they put in front of her unless it's some lay-up happy story of the day.

She's one of the few people in the public eye that finishes her show and spends her day retweeting people that have said mean stuff about her, or getting into it with them. 

I'm not sure she leads a very joyful life. 

47 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I don't know about this really. 

I think when the majority of the media is in the pocket of the tories (or vice versa) it's asking to be photoshopped / defamated.

This is the current government's mess and its down to them to sort it - I think that is actually a good stance , the only one that stands a chance of winning.

I'm not a voter who always votes the same party, I don't really have loyalty that way (but I've never voted Conservative!) - but I've seen that its alarmingly easy for the PM to make Trump like statements and they stick. E.G Saville, Cpt Hindsight, "You tried to keep us in lockdown" etc etc.

I was VERY involved and anxious with the Covid outbreak , I left my contract and volunteered for the NHS and was kicked back , so went to Scotland instead to build their contact tracing response - so every day I was listening to the Scottish gvt then watching PMQs on the wednesdays. Never ONCE did Starmer attack Boris's shit covid strategy without saying "You should be doing this".  There was foresight , not hindsight at all - yet its been totally twisted and Boris will quote something starmer said in June 2020 and make out he said it in January 2022 and it STICKS.

Best example I can remember is during the lockdown when contact tracing was being built and we refused to use the "open source / free" app , or give it to NHS Digital (who weren't even asked to tender btw) instead opting to farm it out at great cost :

Starmer said "We cannot look at lifting lockdown without a working contact tracing system, why didnt we use the global app like Germany et al - are you really confident you are going to have a working app ready before lifting lockdown on date x"

"Yes, of course, it will be world beating"

And we all know what happened.

I know that we've lost 10's of thousands of people that needn't have - and Starmer, Sturgeon et al were completely right with FORESIGHT.

So yes, keeping out of it and letting the stupid fuckers fall on their own sword is probably a good option, given that if you tell them how to do it , they will use it and make out it was their idea and its easy with hindsight.

End todays rant :D #dailyrant

I think supports my point tbh. He's going to lied about and vilified whatever, so at least show people what you are about.

And I think he did that during the pandemic well, and came out of it looking good 

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

She's a cunt to anyone they put in front of her unless it's some lay-up happy story of the day.

She's one of the few people in the public eye that finishes her show and spends her day retweeting people that have said mean stuff about her, or getting into it with them. 

I'm not sure she leads a very joyful life. 

Sadness in her eyes

• Haha 3

Good post Scoobos. I can see both sides, but have to say staying quiet and letting the tories own this probably won't work, they are masters at blame shifting.

Meanwhile, I am much nearer to being an OAP myself now than a graduate, but please God don't let me adopt their political persuasion. Why do so many pensioners hate working people so much?

OAPS.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Good post Scoobos. I can see both sides, but have to say staying quiet and letting the tories own this probably won't work, they are masters at blame shifting.

Meanwhile, I am much nearer to being an OAP myself now than a graduate, but please God don't let me adopt their political persuasion. Why do so many pensioners hate working people so much?

OAPS.png

You know what though, its the young peoples world now , what the 65+ think doesn't really matter.

I can't put my finger on why, but I think this Boris Johnson government may well turn out to be the best thing that's happened to Britain for decades. I can see it actually enticing people to vote who wouldn't have usually, its just been so good in a way that it's exposed what is "tory business as usual" just because they are so incompetent they cannot disguise it.

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

OAPS.png

I think pensioners tend to rely on the newspaper they read for their opinions. That and other pensioners mouthing off

im hoping the shift in decline of the newspapers and the rise of the social media is mature enough to get the Tories out in the next election. Hopefully the days of Ed Miliband losing an election on eating a bacon butty badly are over.

27 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

the rise of the social media is mature enough to get the Tories out in the next election.

Ah there goes my optimism. 

Parties that are not in government, dont have the nudge unit / "behavioural Insights team" at their disposal - it worked tremendously during Corbyns run and will continue to do so , until it is legally questioned about how ethical it is . If its used for Public Health matters only, great - but combined with the data communications bill , its too powerful. BIT was created in 2010 , and it was all downhill from there. "if we don't pay the banks, the country will collapse - we cannot survive a run on the banks". 10 years later , realistically 50% of the public services (toilets, police stations, libraries, youth clubs etc) all gone, FTSE year on year growth, 40% of our money back after inflation has already devalued it by 20% .. Thanks BIT.

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

OAPS.png

That graphic is so depressing, but also shows that Starmer really meets to make the case for the workers, somebody has to

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He must be one of the lazy cunts who spends all his time doing nowt then if he’s able to work from home 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Kay Burley showing her colours

Watched it live this morning. She was very  amateurish with her questioning 

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

that is the sort of move you would play if you were about to call a snap election 

It's the sort of move a self-regarding, self-obsessed bellend would make in the week of two crunch by-elections too. 

• Like 1

I quite like this bloke's YouTube channel. That Chris Philp is the smug cunt's smug cunt mind. He's got the Alan B'Stard sneer down to a tee - who looks at these fucking people and votes for them man. 

• Like 3

I don’t think he’s about to call an election. I just think he’s got no substance so he’s continuously on the campaign trail because he’s got fuck all else. His idea of a policy is mooting ideas like pint-sized champagne bottles and bringing back imperial measures 

• Like 1

He and his party are about just being in power, they have zero interest and pay no heed to what that actually should mean, it’s just confrontation after confrontation to keep the pot boiling.

fuck me do I ever I hate the bastards and I’ve not been particularly political my whole life !!

• Like 2

Criminal barristers have voted to strike in an escalating dispute with the government over funding for trials.

The vote by defence barristers is likely to cause chaos in the criminal courts in England and Wales.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Criminal barristers have voted to strike in an escalating dispute with the government over funding for trials.

The vote by defence barristers is likely to cause chaos in the criminal courts in England and Wales.

• Like 1