Politics

Christmas Tree

I know I'm too cynical sometimes but I tend to think all "amateur" charities are at least tax avoidance schemes and possibly more (no pun intended). 

Same as when I seen "non-profit" on things like BUPA. 

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why they drinking at work? 

I mean, this. You're tasked with making literally critical decsions for the nation, and you can drink on the job? Its fucking insane.  How about we open some bars in hospitals and schools (although Fabricunt probably believes this is already normal). And that's not to mention the Colombian marching powder that seems to be freely available. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean, this. You're tasked with making literally critical decsions for the nation, and you can drink on the job? Its fucking insane.  How about we open some bars in hospitals and schools (although Fabricunt probably believes this is already normal). And that's not to mention the Colombian marching powder that seems to be freely available. 

I worked for 17½ years in the construction industry and the company's tolerance to alcohol was across the board, whether you worked on a site or in an office. Every FTE was subject to random alcohol testing and if you had more than 13 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of breath you were automatically suspended pending a disciplinary hearing where you'd need to justify why it was over the threshold. If you couldn't do so, your employment was terminated. 

And then you've got these fuckwits with free reign to what the fuck they like, at subsidised rates and on us. Meanwhile, the country is economically going to hell in a handcart. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

I worked for 17½ years in the construction industry and the company's tolerance to alcohol was across the board, whether you worked on a site or in an office. Every FTE was subject to random alcohol testing and if you had more than 13 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of breath you were automatically suspended pending a disciplinary hearing where you'd need to justify why it was over the threshold. If you couldn't do so, your employment was terminated. 

And then you've got these fuckwits with free reign to what the fuck they like, at subsidised rates and on us. Meanwhile, the country is economically going to hell in a handcart. 

Fuck, that's quite draconian mind, given the drink drive limit is 35 microgramss/100 ml? Means effectively you can't go out the night before, I reckon in the past I'd be on a disciplinary with that if I didn't change my behaviour! What a contrast with the HoC. 

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fuck, that's quite draconian mind, given the drink drive limit is 35 microgramss/100 ml? Means effectively you can't go out the night before, I reckon in the past I'd be on a disciplinary with that if I didn't change my behaviour! What a contrast with the HoC. 

Yeah it was. It was effectively zero tolerance but they have to put a nominal amount in to account for various medicines etc and even would you believe it, mouthwash! But yes, that was their position - if you value your job then save your drinking until Friday & Saturday which I did get used to. 

There is a huge onus of H&S in that sector, particularly around the use of plant / machinery. They decided in the interests of equality they'd employ the policy across the board. Anyone who didn't like it were invited to look elsewhere for employment. 

If he drank too much it’s fine. Imagine actually using that as an excuse btw. “I’m an MP who was so rat arsed in public I didn’t know I was sexually assaulting people.” 

Just now, Alex said:

If he drank too much it’s fine. Imagine actually using that as an excuse btw. “I’m an MP who was so rat arsed in public I didn’t know I was sexually assaulting people.” 

For the second time…

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Same thing happened at a Toontastic piss-up, and yet STILL Renton posts on here. 

Because you were leading him on.  

• Haha 2