Politics

Christmas Tree

Well, personally, I have very mixed feelings about this.

We , as a country are in a really bad place now , a place that's going to take perhaps a decade to fix - without even restoring what has been removed via austerity . Conservative corruption and slash and burn policies on existing public services have been in full flow since 2012.

On one hand, I HOPE just HOPE that the complete inability of Boris Johnson to hide the corruption - will educate the public to see beyond the curtain at just who the conservatives serve.

But on the other hand,

Once any party inherits this mess, it's a poisoned chalice , my own view, but I expect there to be little paperwork or planning of any long term strategy behind the scenes, we've been running the country in Campaign mode for 2 , maybe 3 years now -

We've the most divided society I've ever known ,
We've got people accepting that its their job to work on zero hour contracts for massive corps making record profits
We are still blaming externalities like refugees and global markets, and then internally poverty and disabilities

I don't believe a party can come in and fix this, and then the fucking tories will be painting it to be "that parties fault" for everything.

Happened in the 80's , same again in 2010 , why not this time too :(

Worst result is that the tories get rid of Boris and somehow manage to get their fingers back into the marketing engine and make the voters feel like all is right in the world again "Yeah, we made mistakes, but now's the time to move on".

Sunak and Savid Massive Cunt Javid's resignations just discredit them further in my opinion. Lying to parliament, partying during a pandemic and allowing tens of thousands extra deaths in the name of "Free trade and freedum yeah!" - is OK? But being lied to directly isn't ... Fuckers...

Edited by scoobos
it's almost a frickin trademark
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

It does look like this is snowballing now with the amount of resignations we're seeing. It's great entertainment. Hope the cunt crys like Thatcher and May did.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Runaway train now. And the Saj is making a statement to the commons after PMQs. Johnson might be about to regret his curt response to Javid's resignation letter. 

Supposedly the 1922 are about to send a delegation to Johnson with an ultimatum. You absolutely love to see it. 

Yeah, I have the same concerns as scoobos, as we all probably do, but I must admit I'm finding this very enoyable. Probably a bit like the German people did when Hitler topped himself. Feels good, until you turn around and see the wasteland he's left behind. 

Which makes me think, what's everbody's sliding door moment? Cameron calling the referendum? The wrong Miliband knifing his borther in the back? The wrong Miliband not eating a sandwich correctly? The wrong Miliband changing the rules allowing Corbyn in? [btw I like Ed but he made some huge mistakes in retrospect]. Johnson ripping up the wrong speech letter?

For me it goes back further, to Brown leaving the mic on and saying "that bigoted woman". All went tits up from there onwards, accelerating faster and faster. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Sunak and Savid Massive Cunt Javid's resignations just discredit them further in my opinion. Lying to parliament, partying during a pandemic and allowing tens of thousands extra deaths in the name of "Free trade and freedum yeah!" - is OK? But being lied to directly isn't ... Fuckers...

Yeah the praise these two are getting from all sides for 'growing a backbone' is misguided IMO. They're Tories, so by default are self-serving cunts. They're not doing this out of ideology, they're doing it to further their own political careers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I have the same concerns as scoobos, as we all probably do, but I must admit I'm finding this very enoyable. Probably a bit like the German people did when Hitler topped himself. Feels good, until you turn around and see the wasteland he's left behind. 

Which makes me think, what's everbody's sliding door moment? Cameron calling the referendum? The wrong Miliband knifing his borther in the back? The wrong Miliband not eating a sandwich correctly? The wrong Miliband changing the rules allowing Corbyn in? [btw I like Ed but he made some huge mistakes in retrospect]. Johnson ripping up the wrong speech letter?

For me it goes back further, to Brown leaving the mic on and saying "that bigoted woman". All went tits up from there onwards, accelerating faster and faster. 

Brown's faux pas in the 2010 election didn't help, but I fear it was already on the slide before then. Many in the middle ground found Blair's position on Iraq unforgiveable, and then for him to resign mid-term probably didn't help matters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Electing the wrong Miliband for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Brown's faux pas in the 2010 election didn't help, but I fear it was already on the slide before then. Many in the middle ground found Blair's position on Iraq unforgiveable, and then for him to resign mid-term probably didn't help matters. 

Blair won an election after Iraq though, and he didn't exactly resign, it was a planned transfer of power. But then Brown inherited the financial crash (which he handled very well tbf). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Brown chickening out of calling the snap election. He would have walked it and his reputation never recovered. No Cameron, no Brexit

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Like 2

Just now, Renton said:

Blair won an election after Iraq though, and he didn't exactly resign, it was a planned transfer of power. But then Brown inherited the financial crash (which he handled very well tbf). 

That's what I'm getting at, it was deeply unpopular with many in the middle ground. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

The removal of regulation of  banks (and the removal of anti competitive regulation of the printed media) and the co-inidental rise of the Internet / Ipad apps and Youtube science , combined with the behavioural insights team .  That and a good ten years of USA propaganda in films media and UK TV since the late 90's .  If we can't look over the river to America and see what economy first neoliberalism does to society, we have serious problems. America is a scary place to live on many levels and that fear drives votes. (all my 2 cents, of course!)

• Like 1