Politics

Christmas Tree

Some cabinet ministers appear to be lining up to tell Boris Johnson to step down this evening, each arriving at Downing Street and refusing to speak to reporters. 

But Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries - an enthusiastic supporter - seems to have a different reason for heading into Number 10. 

Asked by journalists whether she would ask Mr Johnson to quit as she walked along Downing Street, she replied: "Certainly not." 

Our political editor Beth Rigby says it appears Ms Dorries is "going in there to back him up". 

She adds that when Boris Johnson decided not to run for leadership in 2016, she remembers Ms Dorries crying. 

Fuck me, she's embarrassing 

• Jaysus... 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Wtf. It's Westminsterside Story. 

🎵When you're a cunt, you're a cunt for life

If they televise a fight to the death on PPV for these 2 groups it might go some way to paying off the national debt. 

• Haha 6

Only one MP out of 150 showed support for Boris Johnson at 1922 Committee meeting

This just in from our political correspondent Mhari Aurora... 

A Conservative MP has told her that at a 1922 Committee meeting of Tory backbenchers, only one MP (Daniel Kawczynski) made a "positive intervention" for Boris Johnson. 

Not great numbers, considering there were roughly 150 MPs there. 

They added: "Very few thumped [the] table, a handful at best. Otherwise calls for unity and kindness."

Just finished watching, rewinding "Did he really say that?" the liason committee. Wow.

A highlight at the end, that I hope gets picked up was a response to a criticism that there is a cultural problem with drink in HMG.

I couldn't believe the stories in the Sue Gray report and to me (maybe I'm a minority?) the pandemic was actually irrelevant - this shouldn't have been happening in ANY workplace routinely, during working hours ANYWHERE in the UK. For Health and safety issues alone - people should not be getting drunk weekly to the level where they need help standing up. It's not the toon on a Friday night (which is still mint btw!).

So, paraphrased "do you recognise that there are deep cultural problems in parliament" (also in context of the sexual abuse allegations)

Boris' answer

"I do realise that there is a problem <sic> some people cannot handle their drink" 

Fuck me.. what a response. Sorry, I don't know her name, but the lady who lost her shit saying he was trying to play down sexual abuse because people are drunk and / or gay - was brilliant.

Edited by scoobos
it's like a religion innit?
  • Like 4

Chris Bryant was fucking clinical in his destruction, which was glorious. 

Mind you, if they sentenced this fucker to death by a Thousand Cuts he’s so thick skinned the knife would be blunt by 10. 

• Like 1