Politics

Christmas Tree

The prime minister will hold a phone call with the Queen today - don't get too excited as it is their regular weekly appointment, but of course it comes at a significant time.

Our political editor Beth Rigby says she would "love to be a corgi on the floor in that phone call".

She adds, however, that "the Queen and the palace will in no way want to be involved in any matters of government in this way".

As we mentioned earlier, constitutional difficulties could arise if Mr Johnson tries to push through a general election.

But Beth says he "might not want to put Queen in that sort of position".

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's gone full Trump.

The entire cabinet needs to resign now. Just leave him sucking on Nadine's baps. 

I bet Gove doesn't resign along with Hiter etc.  They dont have the minerals.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's gone full Trump.

The entire cabinet needs to resign now. Just leave him sucking on Nadine's baps. 

Thought you said this wouldn't happen? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Thought you said this wouldn't happen? 

What the fuck are you talking about now you dirty little he/him? You're the one when he won the confidence vote who said he was here to stay until 2024.

• Haha 4

On 30/05/2022 at 19:19, Craig said:

They will have to carry Johnson out of Number 10. He'll never go willingly. I don't believe he'll leave of his own accord, even if he loses an election. He genuinely believes he was born to rule. He is worse than Trump.

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's gone full Trump.

I called that some time ago. They're both fucking psychopaths.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

What the fuck are you talking about now you dirty little he/him? You're the one when he won the confidence vote who said he was here to stay until 2024.

I thouight you said he'd resign under cabinet pressure. I'm not convinced he will resign even with a VoNC at this stage. Which is probably a good thing tbh. 

The line "the British public gave me a mandate in 2019" doesn't really wash either.

They didn't, they gave Brexit a mandate. Which, as he keeps reminding us, is a shit show he delivered. 

The mandate will have evaporated much like our economic landscape.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thouight you said he'd resign under cabinet pressure. I'm not convinced he will resign even with a VoNC at this stage. Which is probably a good thing tbh. 

I THOUGHT YOU SAID HE'D BE HERE UNTIL 2024.

YOU CAN'T WIN THIS ONE.

BACK DOWN. 

NOW! 

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

The line "the British public gave me a mandate in 2019" doesn't really wash either.

They didn't, they gave Brexit a mandate. Which, as he keeps reminding us, is a shit show he delivered. 

The mandate will have evaporated much like our economic landscape.

Which has truly changed since 2019 

Aye it's winding me up but really I should just chill out. It's the end of him. All he's doing is dragging his party through the shite and hopefully turning more and more people off voting for them. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's winding me up but really I should just chill out. It's the end of him. All he's doing is dragging his party through the shite and hopefully turning more and more people off voting for them. 

I said it earlier but he truly is a narcissist. There’s no way out but he’s detached from reality at this point.

Edited by ewerk