Politics

Christmas Tree

It’s mad to me they are saying this is the worst basically everything has been for 40 years.

Who has been in power for 12 years? Whose job is it to make things better? 

Not a peep

• Like 2

1 hour ago, strawb said:

It’s mad to me they are saying this is the worst basically everything has been for 40 years.

Who has been in power for 12 years? Whose job is it to make things better? 

Not a peep

And then consider the most prosperous period in that last 40 years was 1997-2008. Or 11 of the 13 years Labour were in power.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak asked what the best gig was that he's been to. His answer was Live Aid in 1985. :lol:

He was 5.

Is this a straight forward lie or did he really go as a 5 year old (which I guess is possible)? Because he is partly running on an honesty ticket here and you know, I suspect like his predecessor, he is a lying cunt.  

Just now, Renton said:

Is this a straight forward lie or did he really go as a 5 year old (which I guess is possible)? Because he is partly running on an honesty ticket here and you know, I suspect like his predecessor, he is a lying cunt.  

Fuck knows, it was Vanessa Feltz asking him some questions at the end of her interview. He apparently added that he was "lucky enough to get a ticket". :lol: Like he was on at his mam and dad to get them ffs. 

It's obviously going to be Truss now anyway so it's all academic. He'll not serve in her cabinet so I suspect (hope) that's the last we'll see of the cunt. As for Truss becoming PM, am I still in hospital lucid dreaming in some induced coma or something? I am finding this difficult to believe. What will be left of this country by the time of the next GE in 2 years and a bit? 

Was there not some suggestion that Truss might go for an early GE for some reason or another? Probably just wishful thinking and I can't for the life of me think why she would, but still.

Either way at this rate I don't think we're going to make it 2.5 years. There'll be unrest long before that.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was there not some suggestion that Truss might go for an early GE for some reason or another? Probably just wishful thinking and I can't for the life of me think why she would, but still.

Either way at this rate I don't think we're going to make it 2.5 years. There'll be unrest long before that.

The Guardian is saying that per Labour analysis the Tories are gonna get a bump in the polls when she takes over. But that within months they'll be back to where they are now.

So it would be a brave or stupid person that saw that bump and decided it was GE time. Truss is definitely stupid but I suspect she'll be frogmarched away from that decision by wiser heads. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah, you're probably right. We are going to learn the hard way the importance of proper governance and evidence-based decision making very soon, in fact we already are. Truss may end up being the shortest serving PM for two centuries. 

They said Corbyn would reduce us to Venezuela and then did it themselves anyway for a laugh. I sincerely hope we can somehow recover from these cunts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

The same man also claimed that the breakfast wrap was his favourite thing on the menu at McDonalds despite it having not been available for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The Guardian is saying that per Labour analysis the Tories are gonna get a bump in the polls when she takes over. But that within months they'll be back to where they are now.

So it would be a brave or stupid person that saw that bump and decided it was GE time. Truss is definitely stupid but I suspect she'll be frogmarched away from that decision by wiser heads. 

No government can survive this shit storm, inflation getting near 20% ffs. As thing are projected now Labour would win a 120 seat majority with key tories including Rees-Mogg, Peter Bone and Johnson himself being unseated. Also she is fucking awful to listen to. I find it hard to imagine she will get a blip let alone a bump.