Politics

Christmas Tree

I've pointed out to the bedwetters enough times already that apart from everything else, the tory party is irreconcliably split. They're done for. The extent the lunatics have taken over that asylum is an existential threat. I mean ffs, Gove looks relatively sane here. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've pointed out to the bedwetters enough times already that apart from everything else, the tory party is irreconcliably split. They're done for. The extent the lunatics have taken over that asylum is an existential threat. I mean ffs, Gove looks relatively sane here. 

IDS is a moderate in this incarnation of the Tory Party. :lol:

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

got to love steve bray :lol:

:lol: I love this bloke because they clearly cannot stand him and his music and it's so obvious he gets under their skin for something almost childish. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

SHE IS A 120MPH CAR CRASH 

I've just watched all 3 parts of that. Two things: firstly, Rigby is fucking brilliant and a credit to her profession. Secondly, the media can smell blood here, and she is getting zero respect from them in interviews. 

She's a lame duck PM and it's really hard to see how this gets any better for her. Her authority has completely gone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've just watched all 3 parts of that. Two things: firstly, Rigby is fucking brilliant and a credit to her profession. Secondly, the media can smell blood here, and she is getting zero respect from them in interviews. 

She's a lame duck PM and it's really hard to see how this gets any better for her. Her authority has completely gone. 

They should've been far more ruthless with Johnson as well so I agree they're smelling blood and going for the (very) easy kill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tories are "in a fatal tail spin". Let's hope there are no survivors.

Imagine how bad things are going to get when the honeymoon period is over.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A Conservative MP actually retweeting and interview with the PM and telling her she has no mandate. 

"Conservative Gov elected on basis of a manifesto, it’s how democracy works. " Excellent point Nadine. Like when Johnson kept his manifesto pledge not to raise national insurance, or his promise to keep the pensions triple lock, or his plans to build 40 new hospitals, or his assurances that no one would have to sell their home to pay for care costs, or the 0.7% of GDP promise to international aid. Yup, you can say what you like about Johnson but he was a man of his word.

• Like 3

At this point, I genuinely believe that the group of people who will be most relieved when Labour take over the running of the country will be Tory Party MPs.

What a shitshow this is.

It must be infuriating for a journalist to get that interview with a high ranking politician and for them to just reel off prepared answers which aren't remotely relevant to the question asked. Honestly I'm always expecting them to just start packing up "Nah, you're all right hoss, we've made a soundboard with all your stock answers, we'll just dub them over and go to the pub."

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A Conservative MP actually retweeting and interview with the PM and telling her she has no mandate. 

Doreen Norris no less :lol:

I wouldn’t be getting the Christmas decorations out, Liz. 

59 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Imagine how bad things are going to get when the honeymoon period is over.

My first wife had her period on our honeymoon. 

Not since Pearl Harbor has a Japanese flag seen so much action in Hawaii.  

• Haha 12