Politics

Christmas Tree

So we now have MPs who are openly pimps? The tory party is a cess pit.

I was watching a political analysis yesterday which stated its not impossible that the tories could cease to exist next GE. According to the analysis, if they are squeezed from the right with a Farage type party, it's game over for them. Here's hoping. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

So we now have MPs who are openly pimps? The tory party is a cess pit.

I was watching a political analysis yesterday which stated its not impossible that the tories could cease to exist next GE. According to the analysis, if they are squeezed from the right with a Farage type party, it's game over for them. Here's hoping. 

We're not getting into xC2E here are we? 

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

Is he the transgender MP who got done for failing to stop following a car accident?

Yeah, it is. 

On a seperate note, there was an article this week which claimed about 80 tory MPs, some quite senior, are not going to defend their seats in the next GE. Rats leaving a sinking ship springs to mind. Bet they'll take what they can in the meantime though. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, it is. 

On a seperate note, there was an article this week which claimed about 80 tory MPs, some quite senior, are not going to defend their seats in the next GE. Rats leaving a sinking ship springs to mind. Bet they'll take what they can in the meantime though. 

The scary prospect there will be the replacement candidates will be plucked from the ERG stables. One nation Tories are very much a dying breed.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

The scary prospect there will be the replacement candidates will be plucked from the ERG stables. One nation Tories are very much a dying breed.

Is this true though? Honestly, I don't know how they are selected. But Sunak is not ERG and neither is Hunt. They are stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Labour have seized the centre ground (or as Spongebob says the one nation ground) but they are not extreme enough for the ERG or right of the party, and you have people like Farage on the wing. If Reform or a new party mobilise, they will tear apart the party. Apparently if they get much less than 100 seats, they will lose most their funding and are under existential threat. 

I get your point but they seem to be blinded by ideology at the moment at the detriment of common sense. Fair point on Sunak and Hunt but then the ERG are satisfied simply because a Brexiteer is leading the party.

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

But Sunak is not ERG and neither is Hunt.

He's not ERG but you've seen that interview above where he spends six minutes denying reality. He knows that he's talking utter shite but he's forced to because of the crazies. Since May resigned the Tory party has been in a permanent state of denial because of ERG types.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He's not ERG but you've seen that interview above where he spends six minutes denying reality. He knows that he's talking utter shite but he's forced to because of the crazies. Since May resigned the Tory party has been in a permanent state of denial because of ERG types.

AGreed. I just don't know how candidates are selected. Is it central office or at a local level?

It's moot anyway. These MPs are leaving because they know their seat is lost. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

He's up there will Gullis for being a monumental bell-end then?

Rees-Mogg, Coffey, Braverman, Francois, Bone, Fabricunt, the list just seems endless. I saw a bit of a coked up interveiew with Gove the other day, and I actually thought he was realtively okay! :lol: Incredible what they have become. 

It's representative how controlling of the party the ERG have become given how little we hear of Francois these days. The fat cunt is content with the way things are going, clearly.

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's representative how controlling of the party the ERG have become given how little we hear of Francois these days. The fat cunt is content with the way things are going, clearly.

Surely he can't be? They may have the party by the short and curlies but they are threatened with extinction. Plus, all they hold dear, like stopping foreigners enter the country, has turned to shit. All the above have become the "That's not my Breixt" mob. I would say he is quiet because he needs to spend his time keeping his closet door shut. 

Edited by Renton

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

At this stage you've got to laugh. Not a day goes by without more scandal. Sunak and Hunt appear relatively clean but even Sunak had the non-dom incident and was fined in Partygate. This is just completely untenable at this point. 

The News Agents the other day was referring to an NDA that he has in place with a woman who accused him of bullying way back when he was a SPAD. He's been allowed to continue his career into the heart of government, and when she asked to be released from the NDA previously he refused to allow it.

And this is his second stint as Justice Minister. I sincerely hope that all of this brewing storm ends his career but its disgusting that it's been allowed to go on for this long. 

• Like 2