Politics

Christmas Tree

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Highly illegal but half a dozen RIBs of Royal Marines would largely wipe out the smuggling gangs in a month. Chase them away from the entire channel/North Sea coast by arresting the pilots and confiscating the dinghies. They’re fucked without them. Set up safe routes at consulates and embassies where people can apply.  I sometimes get the feeling that this mob of corrupt incompetent wankers don’t mind the situation as it is though, it made Sunak look like a hard man yesterday and distracted people away from the other clusterfucks these are responsible for… 

Orrrrr provide a safe, legitimate process for asylum seekers and legal immigration so that there isn't the demand for the highly dangerous illegal routes?

Just like arresting the people selling drugs on the streets, snatching up the pilots and dinghies isn't going to do shit. They're easily replaced and while it might temporarily disrupt the route, they'll just move. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Orrrrr provide a safe, legitimate process for asylum seekers and legal immigration so that there isn't the demand for the highly dangerous illegal routes?

Just like arresting the people selling drugs on the streets, snatching up the pilots and dinghies isn't going to do shit. They're easily replaced and while it might temporarily disrupt the route, they'll just move. 

Read his post again. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well I did say this:

“Set up safe routes at consulates and embassies where people can apply. “ 

By which I meant the same thing as you’ve suggested. 

Crushing the smugglers requires will more than anything which I think is missing across most governments in Europe. The situation is fully worse in the Mediterranean. That’s why if there is suddenly a change of heart and governments get together to sort this out it will require a huge cooperative military operation, which is pretty much the only thing that will stop it.  The Royal Marines in landing craft patrolling northern French beaches and arresting at gun point the pilots, they are specifically trained to carry out tasks like this. They do it in the Caribbean to drug couriers .They’ll need to do it every single day. It’ll stop in those areas then move, then the focal point of the operation will move but patrolling the original beaches used will have to continue.

No fuckers going to pay for all that though, there’s too many vested interests involved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well I did say this:

Crushing the smugglers requires will more than anything which I think is missing across most governments in Europe. The situation is fully worse in the Mediterranean. That’s why if there is suddenly a change of heart and governments get together to sort this out it will require a huge cooperative military operation, which is pretty much the only thing that will stop it.  The Royal Marines in landing craft patrolling northern French beaches and arresting at gun point the pilots, they are specifically trained to carry out tasks like this. They do it in the Caribbean to drug couriers .They’ll need to do it every single day. It’ll stop in those areas then move, then the focal point of the operation will move but patrolling the original beaches used will have to continue.

No fuckers going to pay for all that though, there’s too many vested interests involved. 

Also British soldiers can't arrest anyone in France.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Also British soldiers can't arrest anyone in France.

I pointed that out in my original post, and if the operation was under the auspices of a joint operation under the umbrella of the UNHCR then it would be possible. If anyone wants to do it. Which they don’t. 

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well I did say this:

Yep. I'm sure part of the vested interest is that France is hardly incentivised to stop these crossings. But as you say if you can identify the pilot I don't understand why you can't arrest and detain the in the UK and snuff this out. Unless, as I suspect, it not mainly orgainised smugglers but ad hoc chancers. 

Anyway, it's been shown that Sunak's plans are illegal under the ECHR so if he wants to implement them he will have to join Belarus in being the only European country that is not a signatory. Oops, sorry, Russia joined that list in 2022. What esteemed company we will keep. The Good Friday Agreement would become void as well so all in all a great time to be alive for the ERG fruitloops. 

• Like 2

Still blaming Europe. This is all they’ve got now, isn’t it? People aren’t arsed anyway because they can’t pay their mortgage, go on holiday, go to the cinema/pub/restaurant, feed their kids properly, pay their bills etc. And these cunts still bang on about a problem they’ve made worse and demonise sone of the most vulnerable people imaginable for what exactly? Probably because they’re some of the nastiest cunts going. They’re on a par with the actual people smugglers 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

IT DIDN'T STOP THEM IN 1944, SNOWFLAKE!!!!!!!!!

Depends which version turns up, the 1944 version or the shit 1940 version, they had folks lining up to cross the channel in little boats

• Haha 2

Gullis has just said that the gammons from his constituency (Stoke) are really concerned about people coming over in small boats. :lol: Isn't Stoke one of the most land-locked cities in the UK?

It really is Top of the Cunts with this lot. 

"Now coming in from number 9 to earn the top spot over Christmas, it's Jonathon Gullis!"

I mean that's a perfectly easy way to streamline the entire asylum application process. Just one question, 'yes you can move to the UK but you'll have to live in Stoke, do you wish to continue with your application?'

Then watch them queuing for the boats back to France.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I mean that's a perfectly easy way to streamline the entire asylum application process. Just one question, 'yes you can move to the UK but you'll have to live in Sunderland, do you wish to continue with your application?'

Then watch them queuing for the boats back to France.

fyp

Even Gullis’ constituents don’t fucking care. He’s your absolute classic one-term Tory, forever to be an ex-MP, who only got in because of the particular set of circumstances at the last election. The polling gives him next to no chance.  It’s amazing how many of them think the leave vote still gives their views such gravitas. What a prize cunt 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

One of them has responded , a red wall type who answered in a typically measured manner 

Apart from being a massive prick that reaction is because he knows he will lose his seat at the next election. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apart from being a massive prick that reaction is because he knows he will lose his seat at the next election. 

Aye that crowd are utterly screwed. That dirty looking minx who holds Bishop Auckland has already jacked I think? 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Aye that crowd are utterly screwed. That dirty looking minx who holds Bishop Auckland has already jacked I think? 

Aye. She’s not standing next time round. She’s a cunt but at least she’s got a bit about her. This Benton fella and his ilk are unlikely to be getting any cushy consultancy numbers as the party hierarchy and its donors already consider them to be a bit of a joke.