Politics

Christmas Tree

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. She’s not standing next time round. She’s a cunt but at least she’s got a bit about her. This Benton fella and his ilk are unlikely to be getting any cushy consultancy numbers as the party hierarchy and its donors already consider them to be a bit of a joke. 

I heard one, he’s a “let’s celebrate foodbanks” type, and I thought “actually, there is nowhere else on the planet where you’d pull 80k a year you absolute fuckin knobjockey” he was Labour but turned Tory when it was suggested he could win. He might be MP for one of the old coal mining areas near Nottingham iirc…. 

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I heard one, he’s a “let’s celebrate foodbanks” type, and I thought “actually, there is nowhere else on the planet where you’d pull 80k a year you absolute fuckin knobjockey” he was Labour but turned Tory when it was suggested he could win. He might be MP for one of the old coal mining areas near Nottingham iirc…. 

I know the one you mean. Definitely somewhere in Nottinghamshire. He was a Labour councillor I think

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

And what is the origin of this? :lol:

He did this thing iirc where he used a professional chef to show that you could make bulk meals batched up to be frozen that cost 30p a portion. Easily within the capabilities of people with next to no money of course. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

One of them has responded , a red wall type who answered in a typically measured manner 

Whatever happened to representing, and not insulting your constituents? 

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Jonathon Pie, holding a mirror up to cunts since 2015 :good:

I watched that yesterday and thought, the comedies gone here now, you can't even be satirical - I came away a bit depressed, rather than smiling. That's a first for me watching Jon - I've seen him live a few times , highly recommended! And he's a balanced too, on stage, believe it or not.

• Like 2

Expected but shit anyway, sucking money out the economy. People coming to the end of their fixed rates will be in for a shock. This affects half my overall mortgage and along with energy bills, fuck you government. 

I didn't realise until a recent conversation with my old man, who's a retired building society manager that 'buy-to-let' mortgates were prohibited until 1996. Before that you could only own a second property if you owned it outright.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

These unions don't have a clue about economics. Nurses being able to afford food is only going to fuel inflation even further.

This is it isn't it? It's not a demand led problem we have here. Nobody is going out on any spending sprees even with 10% plus pay rises, they're going to use that to survive. The only thing I could think of itmight add to the cost of production of certain goods if you give rises in this sector, but I can't see that being a big issue.