Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Cheers, I'm doing okay, it's just the nice things I need to cut down on, like meals out. Used to do this most weeks a few years back, now it's a once a month treat if that. But I dread to think how people are doing who are really leveraged with their mortgage. People say the interest rate is just going back to "normal", but normal is actually 15 years ago now so it's not normal at all for most mortgage holders. And then when you go back further, to when rates were in double digits in the 80s and early 90s, this wasn't so bad either because incomes were going up to match inflation and interest rate rises. In actual fact the real effect of this was to reduce peoples mortgage values relative to their earnings when the rates went down. Difference is now, inflation is rampant, interest is constantly going up which knacks you on mortgage payments making it worse, but it's still shit for savers as inflation is still outstripping it. The absolute worst of all worlds. But its become normalised, people just accept it and thank themselves they're better off than the next person beneath them on the ladder. 

No doubt that tool Greg Hands will be around soon to wave another blown up copy of Liam Byrne's joke note, to tell us how economically incompetent Labour are. Honestly don't know how these cunts have the nerve. How long have we got left now, 18 months? What a calamity this decade or tory rule has been. 

My fixed rate is coming to an end. It’s gone from 2.14% to 4.69% Thankfully only another £200 a month which isn’t the end of the world but something that everyone could do without.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

My fixed rate is coming to an end. It’s gone from 2.14% to 4.69% Thankfully only another £200 a month which isn’t the end of the world but something that everyone could do without.

Aye, like Renton said, that's a nice family meal out, or a treat etc.  

Fucking Tories.  Fucking utter CUNTS

The other thing about the interest rates being ‘normal’ is it being against a backdrop of the highest inflation in a couple of generations. Which, despite the Tories almost unchallenged claims that it is beyond their control and nothing to do with Brexit, is roughly double what comparable economies are experiencing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The other thing about the interest rates being ‘normal’ is it being against a backdrop of the highest inflation in a couple of generations. Which, despite the Tories almost unchallenged claims that it is beyond their control and nothing to do with Brexit, is roughly double what comparable economies are experiencing. 

Yeah, inflation is not the fault of the government apparently, and yet Sunak has made reducing inflation by 50% on of his pledges, which will happen naturally anyway, but he's happy to take a credit? He can't have it both ways the jug eared gnome cunt. Haven't seen anyone on MSM challenge this like, surprise.

Talking of which, the BBC were a fucking disgrace this morning. Upon news the economy had shrunk 0.2% in March, they announced the economy had grown and recession had been avoided (based on the 3 month data most of which wasn't even new showing 0.1% growth). No mention that we are STILL the only economy that are well below pre-covid levels. Fucking shysters. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Inflation is mainly being driven by energy prices (amongst other factors). Its not being caused by increased demand.

Using interest rates to control this kind of inflation isn't going to work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ackas said:

Inflation is mainly being driven by energy prices (amongst other factors). Its not being caused by increased demand.

That's what I've been thinking but what do I know. People need to eat and keep warm, increasing their mortgage isn't going to change this demand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ackas said:

I was just saying the latest increases are on top of other financial burdens. I wasn’t suggesting it would help much in terms of solving the underlying issues. 

I still find it quite staggering that MPs aren’t held to the same basic principles of employment as the rest of of us - if we lie, and are proven to have done so, to our employers, we can expect to have our employment terminated. 

I’ve yet to hear why MPs who blatantly lie aren’t summarily peddled. 

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I still find it quite staggering that MPs aren’t held to the same basic principles of employment as the rest of of us - if we lie, and are proven to have done so, to our employers, we can expect to have our employment terminated. 

In the main those that appoint them (the voters) are too stupid. 

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

Not a thought given to what is actually right and just. Only what will give them the best chance of winning the next election.

That's every politician's personal manifesto. 

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s the local mayor. Not that they seem to be any more accountable 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

While that is canny funny the amount of stick he got for that sums this country up. Certainly large swathes of the media and the dopey cunts that lap up that sort of thing. Cameron got less coverage for sticking his cock in a dead pig’s head 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Cameron got less coverage for sticking his cock in a dead pig’s head 

Faced even less for throwing the entire fucking  country in the rubbish bin to keep his anti-europe chums happy. 

• Like 2